Englander 13 measurements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PunKid8888

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 25, 2008
South East NH
I still have not pulled the trigger yet on this stove, although I am 95% sure its the stove I want. Anyways I need a few measurements of the stove to verify it will fit in the location I want. If someone could measure the overall length and width that would be cool. Also I need the distance from the back of the stove to the flue connection. I am assuming its in the center of the stove left to right, but I cannot remember if its all the way flush at the back of the stove.

The problem I have is I am trying to place it as close as possible (left to right) to my existing chimney, but I also need to work around the ceiling joists and the roof peak. Of Course where I want the stove would put the pipe right through the peak, so i might need to use two 30degrees sections to allow some flexibility between the stove and chimney locations. Also how close can I put the stove to an Existing Brick chimney?

13-NC SPECIFICATIONS:
Dimensions: 25 1/4" W x 26" H x 14" D
Weight: 295 lbs.
Window opening: 15 3/4" x 8 1/2"
AC-G17 glass: 9 1/4" x 16 1/2"
Firebox size: 1.8 cu. ft.
Flue size ID: 6"
Approx. Flue height to top exhaust: 27 1/2"

Thanks Mike, how about flue location, is it flush with the back of the stove or is it some distance away. ( trying to figure out roughly how far fwd the stove will sit in the room)

I don't have a 13 but I know the flue collar sits forward of the rear of the stove pretty much like my 30-NC. On the 30 the centerline of the flue collar is about eight inches from the back of the heat shield.

So wait a minute, its really only 14inch deep? is that the external dimensions? I cut a piece of newspaper to the approximate size and it seams small.

PunKid8888 said:
So wait a minute, its really only 14inch deep? is that the external dimensions? I cut a piece of newspaper to the approximate size and it seams small.

yes , the dimensions i posted were of the stove itself. its an east west load unit. as far as the collar standoff , the flue collar is 3 inches from the back of the shield, or 6 inches to center from the back of the shield.

check page 6 of this manual for clearance info http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/13-NC.pdf

Mike does the measurement include the heat shield? I don't think it does.

PunKid8888 said:

It may be little but it is a mean one. :)

BrotherBart said:
Mike does the measurement include the heat shield? I don't think it does.

as far as the overall dimentions i dont think so either , but my measurements on the flue collar do include the shield, i will double check as soon as i can and if im wrong i will so post

Status
Not open for further replies.