Englander 13 or Drolet Blackcomb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trey_G

Jan 13, 2018
Ridgeville, SC
Cant find a whole lot of info on the Drolet, but I do know from my previous post that the Englander will cost me a little bit of time and money to get the hearth and clearances right. Anyone have any experience with the Drolet? Maybe it's a newer stove. It looks like it has a helluvan ash pan, but can't find any photos with it open

The Blackcomb is new. Drolet in general makes some decent value stoves. This model will mostly be an E/W loader.

Ok, thanks begreen. Going to make it through winter, which means March for us, open her up, and see which one will fit better in the spot where the heatilator is now

Drolet,Enerzone and another 2 or 3 makes are made from a company out of canada. We have an Enerzone 1.8 Insert. We are happy with it.
SUGGESTION ONLY: If were you...id wajt until june or july to actually purchase one ( since ur talkin march anyhow)...I'm pretty sure you can make a better deal when dealers or definetly slow. Good Luck

Drolet,Enerzone and another 2 or 3 makes are made from a company out of canada. We have an Enerzone 1.8 Insert. We are happy with it.
SUGGESTION ONLY: If were you...id wajt until june or july to actually purchase one ( since ur talkin march anyhow)...I'm pretty sure you can make a better deal when dealers or definetly slow. Good Luck
Thanks Mountain Man, I believe I'll heed your suggestion. Makes good sense