Englander 25-PDVC/55-SHP10 Top Auger not feeding/

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thumper_65590

Nov 28, 2021
Missouri
I have a new to me Englander 25-PDVC/55-SHP10. The top auger won't feed in normal operating mode. I have reset the control board. The bottom settings are set at 6,4,1, and in mode D. I have tried bypassing the pressure switch.... nothing. I swapped the wires between the top and bottom motors, and it will run then. It will also run in diagnostic mode and if I press both the on and off buttons at the same time. Thermal sensor bolted to the back of the firebox is tight, hoses to both pressure switches are nice and soft, no hopper safety switch on this model. I am beginning to think it may be the control board, but was wondering if anyone else has any ideas for things I can check before I spend 300.00 on a new board. Thanks everyone.

I have read most all posts concerning this issue on the forum, as well as searched the web. Just trying to get my stove going before the weather gets cold and hoping I don't have to shell out 300.00 for a new board. Any help is appreciated.

There are two vac switches in this stove. Which one did you bypass?

Eric

I have tried bypassing both switches. First I bypassed the switch on the control board, then when nothing changed, I tried bypassing the other vacuum switch, then I bypassed them both at the same time. No change. I also noticed that the fan for the the heat exchanger runs almost as soon as the stove is turned on. Not sure if it supposed to do this or not, but if I am reading things right it isn't supposed to come on as soon as the stove starts. Also, I am not sure if the igniter is working, but ohms out at 47.2 ohms, so as far as that goes looks like it is good.

Last edited:
When you swapped wires between the auger motors, did the lower one then not run? If it didn't, I'm going to say you're looking at a new control board.

Eric

Reactions: Ssyko