Englander 25-pdvc Pellets not burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did do one and set it to c mode

You do realize that C is the hottest mode right? Actually meant for 25pdv not your pdvc... yes alot of people of set there pdvc to mode c to get more heat but your case is the complete opposite.

I will double check I tbibk it's as closed as far as it eill go
depending on the year of the stove you may not have the feed gate

In the bottom of the hopper. There is a sliding piece of metal over the feed auger. If that is wide open then your going to get loaded down with pellets.
I will double check I tbibk it's as closed as far as it eill go
You do realize that C is the hottest mode right? Actually meant for 25pdv not your pdvc... yes alot of people of set there pdvc to mode c to get more heat but your case is the complete opposite.
I set it to c it was originally on a mode but a post I read said to use c or d

When did it start "not burning pellets completely"? Im guessing after you switched it to C? D should be the factory mode. Shut it down, clean it, set it to D and see what happens.

The year of that stove may also play a part of which mode it came set at from the factory.

When did it start "not burning pellets completely"? Im guessing after you switched it to C? D should be the factory mode. Shut it down, clean it, set it to D and see what happens.

The year of that stove may also play a part of which mode it came set at from the factory.
It was actually doing it before that's why I reset it to c it wa on a I will shut it down to tag and try d though hopefully that will work

I still stick to what i said about trying another pellet as well..

I run my PDVC in C mode when it is below 25 degrees outside. My house isn't that tight and isn't insulated that well. My pellets last year (Big Heat, GS, Platinum) all did the lava burn. I'm burning Spruce Points now, but it hasn't run in C mode until last night. I'll grab a pic at some point and show you. The plate in the hopper is closed down as low as i can get it. My stove is a 2012 or newer, bought and install November 2014.

I'm pretty sure what you're experiencing is normal. It's the design of the stove and the burn pot. Also, the stove isn't going to get your house from the 50's to the 70's in a few hours. I let my house get cold once last year and I had to use my oil to get it back up to temp. Running my stove in C mode allowed it to keep up with the temp all the way down into the single digits we had in Jan/February last year.

These Spruce Points seem to be burning more complete than any other pellet. Stove burnt on 7 overnight and 4 since 7am this morning. This is what my burn pot looks like just now after almost a whole 40lb bag

txT2MS1.jpg

Reactions: Cedarjunki
In the bottom of the hopper. There is a sliding piece of metal over the feed auger. If that is wide open then your going to get loaded down with pellets.
Just cleaned out all the pellets and the sliding plate is closed all the way there is still about a 2 inch gap foe the pellets to go into.

Hey guys another issue with the stove shut it down to clean it today and when I started it back up the combustion motor made a horribly loud noise then shut off and I can't get it to run I'm assuming this is bad? Is it common for them to go that quickly?

Yes it is possible for electric motors to go like that. Numerous times i have shut fans off that run constant to blow them out just to have them fry when i plug them back in.
Without knowing how the previous owner treated or mantained the stove.. did you clean the motor and oil it when you got it?
Pull it out carefully trying not to ruin the gasket and clean it and oil it working it free if it froze up.. and see if oiling it does the trick..

Yes it is possible for electric motors to go like that. Numerous times i have shut fans off that run constant to blow them out just to have them fry when i plug them back in.
Without knowing how the previous owner treated or mantained the stove.. did you clean the motor and oil it when you got it?
Pull it out carefully trying not to ruin the gasket and clean it and oil it working it free if it froze up.. and see if oiling it does the trick..
I didn't oil it at all when I got it. What do I need to oil and what kind of oil should I use?

If you do a little search on here you will find some very detailed threads on how to clean the fans and motors. 3 in 1 oil in the blu can is a good oil.

If you do a little search on here you will find some very detailed threads on how to clean the fans and motors. 3 in 1 oil in the blu can is a good oil.
AWESOME I will definetly check it out I just ordered a new motor but won't be here until next week so if this will get me by that will be great

Even if it just sits on the shelf as a backup it is worth trying to get working again.

It wasn't burning the pellets well before I turned it to D and it seems to be better isn't burning ad hot but I can run it at 5 or 6 and not have it overflow to much

Used the 3 in 1 oil today and lubed it up well let it sit and hour or so and it started moving good. Using it now hopefully it will at least get me by until my new one comes

Reactions: Cedarjunki
Status
Not open for further replies.