Englander 25-puf problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tristin75

Oct 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
Hey! I’m brand spankin new to the world of pellet stoves and just rented a house with one. Worked great for a almost 2 full days then turned it up one notch (5 to 6) and it shut off about a half hour later because it had stopped feeding.

I then took to YouTube and google and began trying things. I first examined the vacuum tube. It was intact. Then I set the bottom three mystery buttons to 1,5 and 1. Then I tried starting it again. My hopper bin switch seems to be working and the door is sealed.

I try to start the stove by first placing a handful of pellets in the bowl and igniting them with a blow torch. Then I close the door and turn the stove on. After about 10-15 minutes it will push hot air out but will NOT feed and eventually shut itself down due to not having fuel in the bowl.
I can hear the auger turning but nothing is coming out.

I’ve done everything I know how to do and would greatly appreciate any suggestions whatsoever. Thank you in advance!

Ps. The landlord and I tore the stove completely apart cleaned and tested the auger. It is turning properly. Which leads me to believe that it could be one of the safety features causing it not to feed.

I am not familiar with that stove model . But I do have a PDV-25 and I do know that sometimes the auger motor and collar can get loose and slip causing the auger not to turn but the motor does . Are you sure the auger is turning , are you fiscally seeing it turn ? Or are you seeing the motor turn? Just something to check. Or a blockage somewhere.

Reactions: Ssyko