Englander 25epi hopper extension

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyiiiafl

Nov 23, 2016
Cape Cod, MA
I saw a place that makes hopper extensions for Englander and other stoves. This 40 LB hopper is not going to cut it. Has anyone installed one of these on an insert? I looks like the smallest hopper extension MAY or WILL work with a little backyard engineering as far as installation. Has anyone installed a hopper extension?

Thank you!

Website for the hopper extensions? Haven't seen any for inserts to date and trying to picture how they would look...

If that extension were down to 6" wide, then it could mount to the top of my hopper. Even if the capacity were just another 20 pounds, it would do wonders. It would keep the pellets flowing by gravity and also ad another few hours of burn time. I addressed the point of the stove running out of pellets prematurely. I sanded the inside of the hopper with 100 grit paper. This made the sides smooth and the pellets slide easier.

I was thinking of buying the 1500 HE hopper extension from this website: http://www.thehopperextension.com/index.html

The width is good for my stove. However, slicing this hopper in half, so refasten it together so it is only 6.5" wide it is 12.75" tall, so I believe I could get another 25 lbs. of pellets onto the hopper, which would add ample time to the burn.

I know I seem bothered by the aspects of this stove, but I will say it operates flawlessly, is quiet and is engineered well, except for the small hopper.

Looks like they make hoppers exclusively for England Stove Works stoves ... should contact them to see if they want to add to their line of hoppers by making one for an insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.