Englander 25pdvc upper auger not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bwhite07

Nov 30, 2019
Maine
I have a 25pdvc Englander pellet stove, has worked flawlessly, last night, windiest night of the year so far it decided the upper auger would quit working, motor works with the lower auger wires hooked to it, tried bypassing vac switch, no change, ohm’d the vac switch with stove running and the switch is working, It appears to only have one vac switch and I can’t see where it has a hopper lid switch either, checked for power directly at the control board, appears not
To have power aside from one time after having left it unplugged about an hour, the motor ran for a couple seconds after pressing the on button. Basically am I looking at a control board issue or have I missed something? Some history of this stove it was purchased sometime around 2006-07, used and well cared for until the property it’s in was turned into a camp it sat at about 6 year’s and this is its first season, it had about 30 hours of run time without an issue this year before this happened

You say it ran when hooked to the lower auger wires, but did you try to hook the lower auger to the wires for the upper auger to test? If it acts the same, then might be a control board. I have this stove's bigger brother and there are two vac switches. The one you're going to be concerned with, at the moment, has the upper auger wires in line with it.

Let us know how this test works out.

Eric