Englander 30 nc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowes, BB is gonna tell you like it is.

If the stove fits, you better not acquit :)

That's a sweet FP, it's gonna be awesome with a stove in it.

Before you do this realize that the legs that come with the 30-NC are too tall for you to ever hope to put the stove in that fireplace given the height you posted. And the shorter legs are gonna cost you a hundred plus + shipping.

For a block off plate use a sheet of the stuff in the duct work section of Lowe's. Maybe ten bucks.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/making_a_block_off_plate/

Yeah I see that the legs are too tall. I'll order the shorter ones I guess. I have plenty of time to get this all figured out. I knew posting here would answer all my questions. Thanks everyone.

That cathedral ceiling is gonna make heating the joint problematic. Lot of heat at the ceiling and hard to get it to where you are standing.

I have plenty of time to get this all figured out.

A good thing. I had to move fast since my old stove busted on the first burn in 2006. Had to do what I could and fix the whoops stuff the next Summer. Only heat source but fortunately it didn't get too cold too fast that fall of 2006.

Yeah that's how winter of 2013 was here Bart. Blower went out on my old hutch insert so I just ran out and bought the first insert I could find on Craigslist. I have heatpump too but damn electric is so high out here in the country I don't use it.

Three year dried red and white oak here. Three cord a year. Used to be five to six too wet red and white oak before this site gave me dry wood religion and I installed the new stove.

I cut my wood on a friend's land and probably load two face cords per trip. I mean I load that sucker up. That seems to be a great reason to buy a new stove in itself. I get tired of feeding these old stoves.

I burn 8 big full size truck loads a year with an old pre epa stove. What do you think I'll burn with the englander. I burn mostly red oak and white oak.
Probably not that much less, assuming a pickup truck load is about 1/2 cord. But... you'll be warmer!

Most report using 3.0 - 3.5 cords per year, in Englander 30's.

The reduction in wood consumption has been a blessing for my old bones. It used to be fun and all of that "no gym fees" crap. Now I just want the joint warm and the other joints not hurting from humping wood.

Just not getting up twice a night when it gets below 20 will make it worth it.

I ain't gotten up to reload in so many years I can't tell ya when it last happened. It does get down to 68 upstairs sometimes like it did this year when we hit -5.

Status
Not open for further replies.