Englander 30 nc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP good luck with the englander, they are solid stoves, just make sure that you are getting wood now, so it can dry out

The reduction in wood consumption has been a blessing for my old bones. It used to be fun and all of that "no gym fees" crap. Now I just want the joint warm and the other joints not hurting from humping wood.
Too old to rock'n roll...

Got the englander 30 nc couple days ago. Got it test fitted. Cut 2 inches off of the legs with my Sawzall. I have a question about the ac-30 blower and how well it will move heat into the room. Is it worth the money? Would I be just as well off with a small metal fan placed by the rear of the stove?
ab673fd0a0339f18513af47322f7129e.jpg

Reactions: Huntindog1
As long as you have a block off plate you should be able to leave that blower on the lowest setting and that heat will just ozz out into the room, I did a basic block off plate at my buds house last winter, he went from fully loading the nc3o 3 times a day to just adding 4 -5 pieces a load because the thing would over heat the rooms, he really only needs a nc13, but at the time the 30 was the best bang of the $, the block off plate in his case was the game changer for his home heating

Got the englander 30 nc couple days ago. Got it test fitted. Cut 2 inches off of the legs with my Sawzall. I have a question about the ac-30 blower and how well it will move heat into the room. Is it worth the money? Would I be just as well off with a small metal fan placed by the rear of the stove?
ab673fd0a0339f18513af47322f7129e.jpg
Nice install

I have a US Stove 2500 now but picked up a NC30 cheap. I need to replace the fiber board and hope to get it in place next month. Gonna be a tight fit for me and will have to cut the legs as well.......I'm gonna take the blower off the 2500 and install it on the NC30 just to move air

Got about 4 cords ready need to get another cord split and stacked......then I start working on the wood for maple sugaring

Congrats on replacing that us2500, I owned one or 2 1/2 years and the thing literally fell apart, that englander is the way to go.

Congrats on replacing that us2500, I owned one or 2 1/2 years and the thing literally fell apart, that englander is the way to go.
Thank you.......really??? We have had two good season with ours just want a bit bigger fire box for that extra hours sleep on the cold mornings :)

I've gotta get me a system to stack my wood. I live on a steep hill and there's not much room for stacking firewood.
you sound like a wood shed candidate......may here have them....I don't I just use two layers of tar paper over my stacks and they seem to dry just fine.....my 3 year plan is gonna take about 15 years to achieve and If I tell the wife I'm building a wood instead of finishing our bedroom then my guess is I'll be sleeping in the wood shed :) I cut an extra cord per year off my land and keep adding to it trying to achieve my 3 year plan

Reactions: crowescabin
Hey Crowe- beautiful fireplace hey it makes the nc30 look smaller- and we all know its not. Get your firewood ready, dry seasoned wood is a must. You'll appreciate the effort though, your stove will love you too.

BB- nice color that goldenfire brown, I like using it for the interiors of pellet stoves I clean. I think it was Quadrafire's original stove color too as well as others.

Reactions: crowescabin
I just hit a good score on some wood that's been cut a Few years ago but not split yet. I'm gonna start working it up this weekend. I just have to find a good dry place to stack it. It looks like it will be dry enough for this winter.

I believe I almost got enough already cut and split for next winter of 16-17 thrown in a pile for now. Gonna have to start looking for some pallets. I'm ready for my little boy to grow up and be able to help. He's six years old and he runs the splitter controls for me.

I believe I almost got enough already cut and split for next winter of 16-17 thrown in a pile for now. Gonna have to start looking for some pallets. I'm ready for my little boy to grow up and be able to help. He's six years old and he runs the splitter controls for me.
start em young teach em and get whatcha can from them cuz once girls and driving come around he will be MIA :) Wood is good family stuff

View attachment 160335
The blower is free now or at least it was when I bought the stove but it is really loud but does move tons of air.

Yeah I have the blower that came with it. I was wondering if the bigger optional blower was worth the money?
If it makes less noise maybe otherwise the regular blows plenty.

Just picked up a slightly used nc30 from a friend. Wondering if anybody out there has a set of 9" legs they would part with. Currently has a pedestal that I would like to swap out. Anybody.....?

Just picked up a slightly used nc30 from a friend. Wondering if anybody out there has a set of 9" legs they would part with. Currently has a pedestal that I would like to swap out. Anybody.....?
I shortened my legs, but maybe someone else here who has swapped out the for the shorter legs may be able to help you out.

I shortened my legs, but maybe someone else here who has swapped out the for the shorter legs may be able to help you out.
Well... How's the stove now that its colder, is the blower that came with it working for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.