Englander 30-NCH Learning Curve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
If you guys want to have some fun with those 30s shove some coals into a line front to back in the center of the firebox. Then place two splits N/S with two or three inches of space between them and one N/S on top of them creating a tunnel through the middle to the back of the stove. Do it where the air coming out of the little doghouse in the front is blowing right through the tunnel. Don't push the splits against the back wall of the stove. Leave an inch or to of space back there.

In a short while you will have quite a show when the gases start coming out of the back of the tunnel and rolling up to the baffle and igniting.

I just did this and it crazy! I have the OAK shut completly shut down (I had to or melt the paint on the wall) and it's had a nice secondary burn for over and hour so far. Its 45F outside and 84 inside with the door open LOL My living area is 525 sf, have the central HVAC fan running. The bed rooms are nice and comfy and the living area is....well, I think I could slow cook a brisket.
My wifes face is glowing, shes so pretty like that! I think it love. She says shes melting but I know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.