Englander 32 NC or Drolet HT 3000?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dec 21, 2007
Chelmsford, Ma
Hey Guys, Looking for a new wood stove. I had a 30 NC for years and decided to switch to a pellet stove and it's just not cutting it. Is one of these stoves better than the other? Is there any other steel stoves that compare to these or is better? Need to heat 2500 sq ft and not well insulated. Thanks

I think the one draw back to the englander now is that it doesnt come with a blower option.

I think the one draw back to the englander now is that it doesnt come with a blower option.
The factory blower was a POS. Super loud, hair dryer, good riddance!

I too have an nc30 and they fixed a few things for the 32. The melt in place air wash plate is thicker, no doghouse, double layer baffle.

My nc30’really has been good though. SBI bought Englander to knock out the competition for their drolet. As such, there is a reasonable expectation that the Englander will go away sooner than the drolet. That may mean parts availability too.

The factory blower was a POS. Super loud, hair dryer, good riddance!

I too have an nc30 and they fixed a few things for the 32. The melt in place air wash plate is thicker, no doghouse, double layer baffle.

My nc30’really has been good though. SBI bought Englander to knock out the competition for their drolet. As such, there is a reasonable expectation that the Englander will go away sooner than the drolet. That may mean parts availability too.
That's quite uncertain. There are several SBI-purchased companies that survive today under the SBI name. Century and Osburn for example. The 30NC and 32 NC have very good emissions results and a better price point than the SBI stoves of the same size. They may want to keep certain models made in the US and supplement the Englander line with SBI clones. There is also the robust Englander pellet stove business.

For big value heater at the best price, I would get the 32-NC. In the SBI line it is more comparable to the Drolet Austral/Legend/Myriad III..

Reactions: Highbeam
3CB879EA-4482-4820-B7D8-D435AE4010D5.png
Facebook marketplace, Derry NH