Englander add on wood stove, fan not woring after replacing thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OAKLEY

Nov 9, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
was not worcing, put a new thermostat on, then it wored for a day. Now the fan stopped. What should I chec first, dont want to buy a whole new fan, not in budget. Furnace wiring caught on fire also! so no heat. : ( and no job....

Have you called englander about this and spoke to their tech ? Is it under warranty ? I hate to sound like I'm coming off as condescending but it sounds like you don't really have any idea what your doing . Do you have a friend with electrical background or hvac experience you could have look at it . It's a very simple setup on that unit

okay! you are right, I have no idea. Its a very old unit, no warranty. I wish that I did have a friend with electrical exp. but I dont. Im learning how to fix
things on my own. Trying anyway. thanks for the response.

Unfortunately it sounds like more than an inexperienced homeowner should probably mess with. As I said in that other thread, it sounds like you need a new blower motor and then somebody to repair the wiring. Not much getting around replacing the motor though, maybe you could find a used one...kinda slim chances finding the right one though. Did you ever get the motor info and then call Grainger about a new one.
I have never seen the blower on that model furnace so I have no idea if it is something that is kinda close to a more common blower that could be adapted to work...?

I got the motor info
What is it? Maybe we can cross reference a motor.
Also, maybe post an ad in the classified section here looking for a motor or blower, these furnaces are kinda common 'round these parts...
Careful with CL handymen, I seen on the news tonight where people in Cleveland have been getting robbed at gunpoint for CL ad (maybe it was facebook?) sneakers

I GOT THE MOTOR INFO LR6319 SA
no. 7090-1376 type u90b1
115v 50/60 hz 3.2a
rpm 1450
7.5 mfd 370 vac cap
oil every 6 mo with sae 20
class b e40513 e53469 02295

Status
Not open for further replies.