Mdouglas7080 Posted By Mdouglas7080, Mar 12, 2018 at 11:24 PM

1. Mdouglas7080

Mdouglas7080
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 12, 2018
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Hi guys I'm new to the stove world. I bought a new englander summers heat wood furnace. I like the stove but I have adjusted the thermostat over and over and it constantly kicks on and off. Any suggestions thanks.

2. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    My guess is that the limit switch delta is set too close unless there is an installation issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I'd change the title of this thread to "Englander 28-3500 blower short cycles"...you should get lots of help from the Englander boys then...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Good suggestion, done. More details about the installation and ducting would also help.

5. lost in the woods

lost in the woods
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Feb 8, 2016
    Loc:
    Central PA
    my buddy and I each have the same unit. I have been burning for 4 years with it and haven't touched the settings at all on the thermo. I think they key to these is to get a good fire going with good coals and try to maintain that. when I hear the blower kicking on and off in a short cycle that means it's time to throw more wood on. I love the unit, however the only b*tch I have is that the owners manual claims 6-8 hour burn time and I have never come close to that. it's more like 3-4 max. my house isn't built real tight though. so the on and off of the blower motor is something you might have to live with. had another buddy who bought one but worked long hours during the day and he got frustrated with re-building a fire everyday when he got home so he traded it on a different wood furnace. all in all I think it's a decent unit for the money