Englander furnace blower short cycles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mdouglas7080

Mar 12, 2018
Pennsylvania
Hi guys I'm new to the stove world. I bought a new englander summers heat wood furnace. I like the stove but I have adjusted the thermostat over and over and it constantly kicks on and off. Any suggestions thanks.

My guess is that the limit switch delta is set too close unless there is an installation issue.

I'd change the title of this thread to "Englander 28-3500 blower short cycles"...you should get lots of help from the Englander boys then...

Good suggestion, done. More details about the installation and ducting would also help.

my buddy and I each have the same unit. I have been burning for 4 years with it and haven't touched the settings at all on the thermo. I think they key to these is to get a good fire going with good coals and try to maintain that. when I hear the blower kicking on and off in a short cycle that means it's time to throw more wood on. I love the unit, however the only b*tch I have is that the owners manual claims 6-8 hour burn time and I have never come close to that. it's more like 3-4 max. my house isn't built real tight though. so the on and off of the blower motor is something you might have to live with. had another buddy who bought one but worked long hours during the day and he got frustrated with re-building a fire everyday when he got home so he traded it on a different wood furnace. all in all I think it's a decent unit for the money