Englander NC13 $377.52

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trapshooter9

Oct 21, 2008
Central Ohio
Been wanting to get a different stove that heats up faster and holds more wood than the little Hearthstone Craftsbury I have been using. Got the NC13 from Lowes. On sale for 599.25, minus 10% coupon, minus 30% tax credit = $377.52 plus sales tax. I also used the coupon to get the blower on sale for $111 (minus 10%)marked down from $156.

If you need a Lowes coupon just go to your local Post Office and ask for a change of address/moving packet.

trapshooter9 said:
Been wanting to get a different stove that heats up faster and holds more wood than the little Hearthstone Craftsbury I have been using. Got the NC13 from Lowes. On sale for 599.25, minus 10% coupon, minus 30% tax credit = $377.52 plus sales tax. I also used the coupon to get the blower on sale for $111 (minus 10%)marked down from $156.

If you need a Lowes coupon just go to your local Post Office and ask for a change of address/moving packet.

Wow. Can't beat that price!

trapshooter9 said:

Bart whatever you do avoid reading this post because you've been out cheaped once again! lol :bug:

Ray

trapshooter9 said:

I picked one up a few weeks ago. Nice little stove. I never gave the tax credit a thought. It looks as though I will be bringing my receipt to the accountant. Does anyone know if only the stove qualifies or if the chimney cost is also included somewhere?

Good question Reaperman I would like to know as well. I spent about $500+ on the chimney.

Ditto on that deal.

NC13 is sitting in the bed of my truck, fresh from Lowes.
$599 less coupon, less tax credit, less cash reward points from credit card

Just like bringing home a new puppy. My first factory-made store-bought wood stove.

john

Battenkiller said:
Not sure, but I think you have to have bought in before the first of the year to get the tax credit.

Still a great deal with or without a tax credit.. I recall someone saying you can get this tax credit for 2010 as well.. Does anyone know if this is true?

Ray

reaperman said:
trapshooter9 said:

I picked one up a few weeks ago. Nice little stove. I never gave the tax credit a thought. It looks as though I will be bringing my receipt to the accountant. Does anyone know if only the stove qualifies or if the chimney cost is also included somewhere?

The stove and all costs to install it can be included. Stove pipe, chim, hearth, etc, plus the cost of the installation if you paid someone to do it.

raybonz said:
I recall someone saying you can get this tax credit for 2010 as well.. Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes, I just meant I think it's too late to get it in this year's return.

But the tax credit is only for your primary residence...

Lowes price matched an add someone posted here from Farm and Fleet for $529 on a 13 for me. They wouldn't beat it by 10% but I was ok with that, after rebate $370.
For a possible 20 year appliance that'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.