Englander NC30 vent stuck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saichele

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
It's cold outside, it's warm inside, and the Englander is doing great ... except the vent is sticking. It has always (for the 6 or 8 fires previous) hung a bit at full close (more or less like a magnet). A small tug and it would slide free through the rest of the range.

I just threw in some wood, went to open the vent, and it's fully stuck. won't budge. I imagine it's just a plate sliding across an opening - not even sure what's to stick.

Anyone run into this, and any suggestions on how to fix it without damaging anything? preferably on a hot stove?

Thanks
Steve

I too have a sticky primary air lever. sometimes I find if I pull at just the right angle it moves fine. Maybe just a quirk with the nc30, or some really tight tolerances, but def. a pain to have to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.