Englander overfeeding!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pelletproblems91

Dec 5, 2018
Churchton, Maryland
I have a 25-pvdc/55-shp10 englander pellet stove, the stove aggressively over feeds on the lowest burn air settings righg now i am at 1-7-1 and it feeds as if i have it on the highest setting, the bottom auger is overflowing with pellets at all times-although they all burn up in a huge bonfire so i dont believe its my airflow, i think pellets may be falling down from the top auger (which was replaced at some point by the former owner) to the bottom but im not sure how to fix this problem please help if you could

Is there a metal gate over the opening in the hopper to the upper auger? If so try closing that up. If there isn’t one you may be able to make one to close up the feed hole.

Do you know wheather the stove is in C or D mode? You can make one out of tin or flat steel. But with the 2 holes under the burn plat plugged it should be controllable with your settings. Here is a pic of a restrictor plate.

Attachments

• 2841787F-6866-4912-BE1B-216CFA569272.png
    2841787F-6866-4912-BE1B-216CFA569272.png
    646.4 KB · Views: 409
now i am at 1-7-1 and it feeds as if i have it on the highest setting,
What was the factory setting? My 25pdv was 6-4-1 so 1-7-1 sounds off to me.

the top auger (which was replaced at some point by the former owner)
What is the motor RPM? there are many different motor speeds (1RPM, 2RPM Etc.)so if the previous owner just matched the motor up visually he may have bought the wrong motor.

Bill

Yeah ive been using those settings due to the extreme over feeding, the motor speed is 1 RPM, i just installed a restrictor plate i bought from englanders website last night and it seems to have fixed the pellets falling/overfeeding so now ill have to play with the settings again to see what works out i set it to 1-5-1 last night but im sure theres tweeking those settings to get it perfect, the only problem im still having now is a very loud buzzing sound coming from one or both of the augers...im going to pull those out tonight and clean everything out real well and oil them, this is my first year with a pellet stove so i have alot to learn, good thing i bought a used pellet stove that doesnt mind teaching me ALL the things that could go wrong lol but if anyone has any tips on cleaning/oiling the augers that would help