Englander PDV-25 Pellet Feed Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Feb 28, 2012
Vermont
Okay, so I am trying to fire the old girl up tonight but there's a problem...no pellets are coming into the burn pot. I've checked and both upper and lower auger motors are working and the bottom auger you can see is working so where are the pellets?

top auger feeds lower auger so you must have a blockage ( bridged pellets) in the bottom of the hopper. possible to have a jam at the lower auger feed port from the upper auger also.

So I should remove both augers and clean any debris out of them and their chutes?
First thing to do is to check the bottom of the hopper and check for a blockage. Then move on to removing the auger, but honestly I doubt that's the issue!

Yep, empty hopper first, IIRC there is a wear factor on the augers so with a full hopper and the upper auger full it could be getting jammed up . before pulling auger start it up again ( cheating out hopper safety switches if it is the later model) to see if the auger tries to turn. I haven't run my old model 25 for a bunch of years so kinda losing track of the fine points. No igniter on my unit. Manual available from Englander. Old model manual there also but ya got to dig a bit for it.

Problem solved! I first cleaned out my stove and cleaned the chimney, next I took off the auger motors and pulled the augers (after emptying all pellets of course) and cleaned them and both tubes before reassembling them and putting some pellets in and starting the stove. All fixed...working like a champ :D.