Englander pedestal, any uses?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blel

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Southeast CT
Anybody have any good uses for Eng 13 pedestal base?

Good for mounting an ENG 13 stove.

Good idea. Maybe I could put it back on the stove and then mount the legs to the itl.

I'd put a statue of myself on it. Rick

NFPA 211 and EPA compliant UL approved TV stand?

I'm surprise that Englander doesn't have a buy back program for these unwanted pedestal or legs. Seems to me that if they paid for shipping and a rebate of say $20 it would be a win/win situation. The returned goods could go back into new stoves.

Admin overhead and shipping costs would be more than the whole mess would be worth. Especially since steel prices are dropping like a rock.

Including both this year was a pretty bold move.

BrotherBart said:

Think there is a market for these now or should we wait until a few weeks before that football game near the end of Jan?

blel said:
BrotherBart said:

Think there is a market for these now or should we wait until a few weeks before that football game near the end of Jan?

Actually if you were closer I would give a few bucks to use it for exactly that purpose. TV stand. After a paint job of course.

BrotherBart said:
blel said:
BrotherBart said:

Actually if you were closer I would give a few bucks to use it for exactly that purpose. TV stand. After a paint job of course.

does that paint job include Honey Glo Brown?

crazy_dan said:
does that paint job include Honey Glo Brown?

Roger that. No law says wood stoves have to be black. And anything but black doesn't get that ashen look after one season.

And actually the color is Goldenfire Brown Metallic. Same stuff Harman uses.

when it is time to repaint my summit it will not go back black. but till then it is black.

Stand up a load or two of splits in it aside the stove.

Upside down by the back door shoe scraper.

Hang on wall Artsy picture frame.

Screw it upside down to the back trunk of the Civic SI as a spoiler.

Put it aside the fridge to hold all those fridge magnets that keep falling off.

Hassock. Put yer feet up. Relax.

Paperweight.

M-I-L chair.

Port-A-Potty. Rick

Hearth for a Jotul 602 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.