ENGLANDER Pellet Owners-wanna share good stuff?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmieguns

Dec 10, 2012
Long Island, NY
Thought I'd open a thread on sharing your: and BTW- ALL PELLET STOVES OWNERS WELCOME
:cool: :cool: :cool:

1-model of unit
2-time you've been using
3-pellet preference tips
4-usage secrets and tips
5-likes/dislikes
6-usual problems to look out for
7-maintenance suggestions

+++ anything else you may care to share- I am compiling my list to share when i have enough to matter and help others!

PICS ARE ALWAYS A + PLUSSS :)

THANKS

Done

1- Englander 25-PDVC
2- 6 days
3- 1 ton Lignetics 5 bags Bear Mountain
4- Changed to mode "C" heats like the sun.
5- Love the price and availability of parts. Don't like the small hopper size.
6- None yet!
7-I have had it 6 days and have done a full clean 6 times!

1- Englander 25-PDVC
2- 6 days
3- 1 ton Lignetics 5 bags Bear Mountain
4- Changed to mode "C" heats like the sun.
5- Love the price and availability of parts. Don't like the small hopper size.
6- None yet!
7-I have had it 6 days and have done a full clean 6 times!

Nice- thanks for sharing
I don't hace A B or C type settings---hmm ?

Nice- thanks for sharing
I don't hace A B or C type settings---hmm ?
Shut your stove down and let it cool.

Unplug it for a bit then plug it in and quickly press the blower up and down buttons at the same time.

You can then see what mode you are on and change to another. C burns hotter than D (the default). Some say it burns dirtier (mine actually burns somewhat cleaner).

I love C mode. Cant believe the difference. Not really a noticeable difference in the glass or the pot.

1-Englander 25-PDVC (2006 model year)
2-Since 2006 but now burning 24x7
3-this unit will burn any pellet - the worse pellets I've ever used were appling county but for the right price I'd still burn them
4-make sure to ensure you check the bottom three buttons have not been changed inadvertently - I checked mine and kids or me must have played with them making for crappy operation in heat range 1 or 2
5-this thing just works - so far so good - utilitarian looks - I wouldnt mind having a prettier stove but as long as she works thats alright by me - price point was attractive (purchase on sale for $800ish I think)
6-top auger has jammed on me two or three times in its life - until finally I removed motor - took apart - stared carefully - put it back together - and has never jammed again
7-I empty ashes out of sides about once or twice a week and clean under the burn plate - I did empty the ash build up on the outlet Tee - not much but after one ton of burning there was about an inch buildup.

Does my 2006 era stove really have some sort of mode setting A,B,C I don't know I will have to investigate later?

Does my 2006 era stove really have some sort of mode setting A,B,C .........?

Yes. The factory setting for your PDVC should be D

Procedure to check the setting:

•Turn off stove
•Unplug it for a few seconds
•Plug back in
•Immediately press and hold the up and down arrows for the blower, then release.

You should see a letter in the window.

Not sure why but mine on mode c works best.
I second this! Mine works much better in C. Not only is it much warmer (I burn on 3 all of the time when in D I had to burn on 9 to get the house comfortable) but for me it burns cleaner. Nice white ash and minimal clinkers.

I have a few Englanders... I like them all.. All for different reasons.

I love my 30-NC the most (Wood). It will melt your face off!!!

Some are better than others. As far as there pellet stoves go....... My Old Monster in the Garage is hard to beat... 17 yrs old and still Kickin :cool:

Yes. The factory setting for your PDVC should be D

Procedure to check the setting:

•Turn off stove
•Unplug it for a few seconds
•Plug back in
•Immediately press and hold the up and down arrows for the blower, then release.

You should see a letter in the window.
thx for the info - my 2006 model was set to mode C - I have never touched it before until checking it now.

Shut your stove down and let it cool.

Unplug it for a bit then plug it in and quickly press the blower up and down buttons at the same time.

You can then see what mode you are on and change to another. C burns hotter than D (the default). Some say it burns dirtier (mine actually burns somewhat cleaner).

Tried it--seems to run MUCH hotter--like 50-almost 100 hotter--is that possible? :) is it safe for the stove to run at 9-9 on C mode? thanks

Reactions: Thaddius Wenderoth
Tried it--seems to run MUCH hotter--like 50-almost 100 hotter--is that possible? :) is it safe for the stove to run at 9-9 on C mode? thanks
Not sure I haven't done it lol. I went from 9-9 to 3-9 after change. I run 5-9 occasionally to get the house to temp. then go back to 3-9. As you can see I always run my room fan in 9 except at night i run 1-5. Odd I know but I am odd so it all works out. Your stove should have an over fire protection. I can't imagine 9-9 on C though. That would run me out of the neighborhood.

If it needs to shut down, it will trip the High limit. Run 9-9 for over an hr. If it doesn't trip in the 1st hr, it aint gonna.

If you need heat, then run it B#LLS Out!!

Reactions: Thaddius Wenderoth
Not sure I haven't done it lol. I went from 9-9 to 3-9 after change. I run 5-9 occasionally to get the house to temp. then go back to 3-9. As you can see I always run my room fan in 9 except at night i run 1-5. Odd I know but I am odd so it all works out. Your stove should have an over fire protection. I can't imagine 9-9 on C though. That would run me out of the neighborhood.

Hi- what effect or benefit is there to run the blower higher than the heat setting? i thought that may "dilute" the quality heat it puts out? am i wrong on that? I ran 9-9 for 2 hours-- no shut off at all.

Hi- what effect or benefit is there to run the blower higher than the heat setting? i thought that may "dilute" the quality heat it puts out? am i wrong on that? I ran 9-9 for 2 hours-- no shut off at all.
Yes. In most cases you are correct. But I do it with no diminished quality so I do it. It may be specific to my situation I am not sure. But I like the results running it that way.

cant really comment (im biased) but i've slept comfortably for most of my life with an Englander supplying the comfort.

my dad bought an englander stove in 1977 which i helped feed for years, went into the service, came back home, went to work for englander and have been doing what i do for close to 20 years (june 8 2013) was supposed to somthing to do until i found a 'real job" 19 plus years later, still there, no longer looking for a "real job' even turned down a couple of them, i love doing what i do.

you know what, i still sleep comfortably with an englander slingin heat

cant really comment (im biased) but i've slept comfortably for most of my life with an Englander supplying the comfort.

my dad bought an englander stove in 1977 which i helped feed for years, went into the service, came back home, went to work for englander and have been doing what i do for close to 20 years (june 8 2013) was supposed to somthing to do until i found a 'real job" 19 plus years later, still there, no longer looking for a "real job' even turned down a couple of them, i love doing what i do.

you know what, i still sleep comfortably with an englander slingin heat

Hi Mike! how are you? spoke to you last week in depth on my 55 trp10...hey , today I switched from D to C on settings--MUCH MUCH hotter(almost 100 degrees hotter) is that POSSIBLE? safe? I have at 6-6 right now and is much better than when on D mode set to 9-9...big diff-------- is this safe and completely ok to do? thanks you are the expert

A 2008 55-TRP240, that I help my daughter trouble shoot doesn't seem to be able to adjust the mode like other models. I wish it did would play around with different modes.

the 240 doesnt have a mode adjust it was a chip made specifically for that model, it does however have full range changeability in the lower buttons where the "2 auger" stoves are only effected on ranges 1-2.

as for the "d to C" change, the reason its running hotter is that its feeding more fuel setting for setting, though it doesnt "air balance" as well in some heat ranges in the pdvc model stoves. so it may "run rich" in some ranges

Reactions: jimmieguns
Seems odd because I dont seem to be using anymore pellets than I was when in A Mode. Thats why I love englanders . Dont see anyone from other brands stopping in here. Thanks for all you do Mike.

If it needs to shut down, it will trip the High limit. Run 9-9 for over an hr. If it doesn't trip in the 1st hr, it aint gonna
If you need heat, then run it B#LLS Out!!

I run mine in c mode it's been on 9-9 for a month 24-7 and 1.5 tons later. But boy is the house warm 75 plus in a 2600 sq ft cape. Harman 61 who.

Status
Not open for further replies.