Englander pellet stoves from Lowes GOOD OR BAD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zeta said:
stoveguy2esw said:
..... by the way , off da record, dont think the boss doesnt know im doing this, they take good care of me. its a great company to work for.

Lol. Not sure if it was here or
on the yahoo pellet groups,
but someone out there stated
that you are the owner of
the company.
lol , no im not the owner. i run the tech service dept. they probably got the impression as i have a habit of referring to "my units" or "my shop" when referring to the service dept.

homefire said:
stoveguy2esw said:
personally i would enjoy it so i could learn more about their units, i have fair sized library of manuals from other stoves that i have read just to see how they do it, but getting to chat with them would be really cool! i usually dont get to go to the trade shows (im dying to get to do that) so i do not get to interface with them that much, would really be cool to do so, by the way , off da record, dont think the boss doesnt know im doing this, they take good care of me. its a great company to work for.

Will englanders burn corn?
The Lowes near me is way overstock and I expect to
see some big price cuts soon.
the 10 cdv series will run corn or pellets, the 25 series (or 55 shp10 or 22 at lowes) are pellet only , we do not recommend running corn in the pellet uniots , but as i said the 10-cdv (lowes model 55-shc22) will run pellets, straight corn , or any mixture of the two you can come up with

Mike, Correct me if I am wrong and I apologize if I am misquoting you. Didn't you tell someone last year that your other stoves would burn 30% or so in the yahoo group? Again sorry if I am misquoting and I know there is all the definitional, yadda yadda with insurance, warranty and all that stuff involved with todays everything. I was always under the impression that anything could burn 50% and usually a lot more with proper care and feeding. Even on mine I have to limit the output setting using corn.

i'd have to go back and see how i worded it , i have spoken with folks that have mixed corn with pellets in some of our units, results are generally mixed, too many variables, if i had said that "you could " then i misspoke, should have read " i have heard of some people doing so" but we do not recommend it, i personally would not do it , if i had one of the corn units i probably would still run pure pellets or pure corn in it rather than a mix just because of the extra hassle of doing the mixing, i'll take a peek at the yahoo forum and see if i did say that , if so i'll correct myself, probably need to pop back in there anyway , havent even opened up the site in better than a month , been busy at work and am kinda settling in here so i havent gotten in there in a while, i'll see ya in there as well as here , by the way i popped into the iburncorn forum and looked around, will likely see about doing some postings in there too if i can reinvent the 48 hour day LOL

MountainStoveGuy said:
there is a big differance BB between fixing it yourself and having mike fly out to fix it for you. Yes they will take it back if it breaks, but will they take it back three years from now when it breaks? no, i dont think so. This has nothing to do with the brand of the stove, just where your going to buy it from. Lowes does not stock parts for pellet stoves, they dont fix pellet stoves, they sell you a pellet stove with a 1 800 number. Other manufactures wont answer 1-800 calls beacause they have a dealer network that supports the product they sell. This has nothing to do with englander, if your going to buy a wood stove go for it, if your going to by a pellet stove your asking for trouble. The absolute very best stoves on the market are problematic. Good luck.
Merry Christmas everyone.

MountainStoveGuy said:
BB why did you bump that comment? I dont get the point....

I fat fingered it. I clicked on your link and didn't notice I wasn't back in the current thread. You aren't the only one that needs to quit drinking. :red:

I noticed it when the reply posted and edited it out and put it in the right thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.