Englander running hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sowers25

Jan 16, 2012
NE West Virginia
I've been burning a englander nc30 for about 3 seasons now and it just started running hot on me. It used to respond great to the damper and would shut down almost immediately if I got it a little hot, but know it almost doesn't acknowledge being shut down tight. Any thoughts?

I've been burning a englander nc30 for about 3 seasons now and it just started running hot on me. It used to respond great to the damper and would shut down almost immediately if I got it a little hot, but know it almost doesn't acknowledge being shut down tight. Any thoughts?
door gasket

Or ash pan door gasket.

No ash pan door gasket on this stove.

Any chance you have a different species of wood you are burning this year? Or is the wood better seasoned? Are your burn times much different than in the past?

Also, have you checked the baffles to make sure they are in place properly and not missing a chunk?

Door gasket? Window gasket? Air lever arm?

Check your ceramic brick gizmos that lay on top of the secondary air tubes. Mine did that and I found I had bumped one with a log and it was half way on top of the other one leaving a big gap for the air to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.