Englander smart pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael6268

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Grafton NH/Upper Valley
Was at Lowes today and my wife was looking at Halliween stuff. It was right next to the stoves. I went over to look. Noticed a Englander "smart pellet stove". New model. Most of you know I dont burn or like pellets, but just wanted to know what makes this stove smart, and as with their Madison wood stove, why isnt it on their website?

I sure hope the 120 lb hopper will last all night. Would be interesting to see the burn pot and cleaning needs.

Reactions: Pellet-King
I sure hope the 120 lb hopper will last all night. Would be interesting to see the burn pot and cleaning needs.

Saw the stove today in Lowe's. Didn't have time to check it out, but I did see that it has a burn pot similar to the EP. No ash pan though, but it didn't look hard to clean.

Going to go back and check out the rest of the cleaning needs soon.

I have one of these coming Saturday morning. Looks like a very SOLID and heavy unit compared to the Pleasant Hearth http://www.lowes.com/pd_240301-46631-PH50CABPSL___?productId=4086614&pl=1&Ntt=pellet+stove We had this one for about 8 months and it's rusting and generally falling apart. Lowes is taking care of us vs the manufacturer which wanted nothing to do with it. I am hoping the sturdy construction and different painted surface will stand the test of time. I have 0 issues with frequent maintenance ( every 120lbs I shut it down, brush it all down inside, vacuum and scrape the pot ) I feel better knowing it's clean anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.