Englander stove pd25 - need help, does not feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gossipninja

Hearth Supporter
Nov 21, 2007
ohio
I have been trying to call englander for the past 2 weeks, you boys must be busy. Anyway about 2 weeks ago I decided to fire up the pellet stove and little did I know, that all summer some pellets were in the hopper (we have the 240 pound hopper model). Well something went screwy and now the augers dont feed. After eyeballing everything I noticed the little switch by the hopper door doesnt work. It does not spring up when the hopper door is opened.
I removed the 4 bolts that held the switch in place noticed the auger would feed if that switch assembly was unscrewed (the switch still hooked up just not attached to the stove body)

Since I am sure this is a safety feature to make sure it doesnt feed pellets while the hopper is open ( when your adding fuel) It is not mission critical, so long as we do not leave that hopper door open for extended periods of time will the stove is running.

My question is either a) can i get a new switch assembly under warranty (unit is less then 1 yr old I got it last dec)
and/or b) can i remove the switch entirely (my thinking is wiring the 2 leads that go to the switch together would basically make the stove think the switch was always set to allow feed)

Can I get some input on this? Was hoping to start burning soon.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.