Englander Tranquility 17 VL Door removal for gasket replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireinmybelly

Jul 14, 2011
wa
Hello,
I've been looking for instrux on removing the door to replace the gasket without luck. The manual doesnt tell you how to do it. It looks like there's some pins holding the door. I prefer to remove the door & do the work outside as it'll be more efficient and I dont want the old cement getting into the living room air if I need to sand it off with a wire attachment with my drill.
Thanks for you help

Some doors come off easy and some do not. Give Englander support a call to see what their tech say. Also ask for the gasket specification including density. All gaskets are not the same.

Those pins should lift out. Might need a little persuasion. Hammer and punch or a screwdriver to pry out.
A drill with a wire wheel attachment will remove all the old cement.

Status
Not open for further replies.