Enviro Boston tube removal - was Osborn 2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Alkar

Oct 19, 2020
Staten Island ny
I have a couple of questions I have an Osborn 2409 a few years old what is the right way to clean the insert from top down or bottom up . How do you remove secondary tubes I don’t see anyone cotter pins or anyway for getting those tubes of to insert poly brush? Please help any advice will be appreciated thank

There should be a cotter pin at the left end of the secondary tubes.
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 7.51.13 PM.png

The Boston is a very nice stove. Tube removal and diagrams are in the manual. Be sure to mark the tubes first so that they get reinstalled in the right position and location. The front and the rear tubes are different from the middle tubes.

Removing Air Tube: If a secondary air tube needs to be removed, place a screwdriver (any style except flat head) into one of the air holes and tap it with a hammer/mallet to the left until the right end of the tube is freed. To install a secondary air tube, reverse the above instructions.

Reactions: marty319