Enviro meridian insert vs St Croix Ashby -p

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberjeanr

Nov 2, 2015
Mammoth lakes, CA
I'm in the market for a pellet stove insert to heat a 700 square foot condo. I was wondering if I can get any additional feedback on these two stoves and what would b a better buy. I can't find many reviews on the st Croix ashby which might b a good thing .

Can't help with an insert but here are the rules
Buy the unit which has a good dealer
Buy a top rated unit ( Harman ,Enviro and others
A unit which is easy to get out for maintenance and service
A unit which supplies good heat
AND MOST IMPORTANT BUY THE ONE THE WIFE LIKES
GOOD LUCK

i own a Vistaflame vf100 which is the same insert as the enviro meridian . enviro sells stoves under 3 dif names . this is my fourth year and couldn't be happier . very well made solid stove backed by one of the top manufacturers in the biz . not a single problem and i live in cold new england . can't say enough good about it .

cheers Woody

Hi Amber- both are good heating units, but think Enviro will get the nod when you consider cost and ease of usage and cleaning. Stcroix stoves tend to be good heaters, but are not easy to clean. Dealer support is important too to consider. Where you are which is more available? Setup during install is important as well. Both will give you plenty of heat for many seasons. Good luck with your choice.

I would make sure your local dealer support it but my vote would be for the Enviro Meridian. I have a Regency GFI55 (which is basically the same stove) and its been great to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.