Enviro Meridian

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish MT

Mar 28, 2006
Helena, MT
Hello, I have been researching pellet stoves for the last couple of months and have found that the dealer is as important as the actual unit. I live in Montana and we only have one credible dealer in our area. They carry Enviro specifically the Meridian and the Empress. I have searched all over the net for any reviews on these and have found very few and they seem to have limited information. Does anyone have any knowledge of these two models and the manufacture as a whole?

Good quality units for sure. We picked thier line up this past year. Noticed they don't cover labor under their warranty but we simply cover that ourselves and they don't warranty the firepot again if I had a customer acutally have a problem with one we'd replace it (it's just very rare). It's a reasonable risk as these units are not problematic. Sherwood industries is the manufacturer they're made in Canada.

Thanks
This is a great Forum. More info here than I even know what to do with. Do you think the Enviro Meridian (45K BTU ) will do a good job in a basement of a split level house (around 1700 sq ft w/o garage). It is a standard early 80s split level house. There are vents cut in theceiling above where the stove will be and the stairway is on the opposite side of the room.

I did some looking at dealers in nearby towns and found some that carry Quadrafire and Harmon. They do installs in our town (Helena MT), but I don't know much about their reputation. Is there any advantage to the Quadrafire or Harmon over the Enviro?

One more question, I was told that if we wanted to be sure to heat our whole house we could vent the stove to our ducts. This seems a little questionable to me since the size of the blowers on the stoves seem to be small compared to what a furnace has. But I am new at all this and could easily be wrong.

I have never heard of hooking directly up to your duct work. I would say thats a no. The three brands you listed are good stoves. Quad makes a bigger one thats 60k BTUs, but is a little noisy. Your on the right track, if you like the dealer that sells the enviro go for it. How does it price out compared to the other lines you mentioned?

Should do a good job. 40k-45k btu is capable of heating a max of 2000sq. ft. as a general rule of thumb in my area. Depending on what manufacturer or dealer your talking too in some shops 38k btu will heat 2500 sq. ft. no problem. Geographic location etc. have alot to do with it to.

That is what I thought on the duct conection. The price for the units are very similar within a hundred $ or so. I did find out that the supplier that we use sometimes sub contracts the install. We live in a pretty small community <50K and I think they use the same sub for most of their work so I think it will be fine. I would figure that we would hear some complaints on installs in such a small town. As I posted above, I live in Helena MT we can have some tough winters, but haven't for awhile like everyone else. We get a couple of weeks with sub zero weather, and have a lot of wind. I have tried to seal most of the house so the wind doesn't effect us that much. Temps average around highs of upper 20s and lows of 0-5 F. Well thank you for all the information, I can't wait to stop paying so much to the energy monopoly we have here.

fish
you should look more closely at the multifuel burning stoves such as the harmon pc-45. the extra money you pay to have a stove that will burn a variety of biofuels might be a good investment if wood pellets keep going up. im up in northern maine and have been using rye in my pc-45 very sucessfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.