Enviro Milan<<<Shaking and Vibrating on Setting 5

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BARTSFAM

Jan 21, 2009
Central MA
Hello;
I have the Enviro Milan Insert. Today, December 10, 2010 is the coldest day of this winter, so I have it cranked up to 5.
What noise!! The thing is vibrating and rattling internally. It always has been noisy on 5, but today it is driving us crazy.
It is not the hanging insert shield, it is something inside. I tried to open the loading door, and shutting it tight. It was just cleaned in October.
I tried moving it and adjusting it in the fireplace, but something inside is really rattling and vibrating. And, it does not happen on settings 4 or less.

Any ideas??

I also am in MA and installed the Enviro Milan in November. I noticed the same thing. Level 5 is very loud. I read on another thread that this is simply how loud it will be on level 5 and nothing can really be done. I guess its the auger or something. Definitely too loud so we avoid level 5. I'm also trying to figure out how to keep the glass clean and the right combo of all the settings (heat setting/feed trim/damper/combustion). I feel like I'm burning through pellets very fast yet its hard to keep my small cape over 70 even on the main floor. I think it just takes time to fine tune all things....

BARTSFAM said:
Hello;
I have the Enviro Milan Insert. Today, December 10, 2010 is the coldest day of this winter, so I have it cranked up to 5.
What noise!! The thing is vibrating and rattling internally. It always has been noisy on 5, but today it is driving us crazy.
It is not the hanging insert shield, it is something inside. I tried to open the loading door, and shutting it tight. It was just cleaned in October.
I tried moving it and adjusting it in the fireplace, but something inside is really rattling and vibrating. And, it does not happen on settings 4 or less.

Any ideas??

There is too narrow gap space between hopper and convectional blower. Shim that gap with something like old screwdriver and you will end up in nirvana.

Thanks for the advice. Of course it is 50 degrees right now. As soon as it cools down, I'll crank it up to five and test out the shim trick.

To all you Enviro Milan owners with it vibrating on setting #5, use the shim trick!! It worked wonders. Nice and quiet. It is purring like a kitten.

My wife thanks you BPM636!!

Worked well for me. Still chasing the occasional rattle between the surround, hopper lid, and fireplace. But this trick definitely took care of my worst offender. Thanks again!

BARTSFAM said:
To all you Enviro Milan owners with it vibrating on setting #5, use the shim trick!! It worked wonders. Nice and quiet. It is purring like a kitten.

My wife thanks you BPM636!!

The same trick is valid for Enviro Empress Insert with blower EF4i-002. The screwdriver stays as a shim in my Empress already the 4th season.
In recent models of Empress insert the blower is smaller (EF-002) but the trick should be the same with thicker object.

bpm636 said:
BARTSFAM said:
Hello;

Any ideas??

There is too narrow gap space between hopper and convectional blower. Shim that gap with something like old screwdriver and you will end up in nirvana.

Nirvana...isn't that a suburb of Pittsburgh?

Status
Not open for further replies.