Enviro Windsor 220V Pellet Stove Extinguishes After Lighting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

J-Windsor Owner

Dec 12, 2022
Chiba, Japan
I am located in Chiba, Japan and have a circa 2004 Enviro Windsor 220V stove. The outfit that sold and supported these 220V models in Japan is long gone.
The stove lights fine and gets a nice flame, then the pellets stop feeding and it dies and light #3 blinks. I have followed all the suggestions in the manual with no luck. The last suggestion is to consult with a technician, but those are hard to find. I am hoping someone here may have the technical knowledge I need.
Someone who cleans pellet stoves visited and cleaned my stove and tried to fix it, but was unsuccessful. He measured the vacuum, and it was pinned at the top of the gauge no matter what position we changed the slide damper. We are wondering whether his gauge works.
Please let me know your suggestions to continue troubleshooting.
Note, the manual feed for the Auger does not work.
Note, I have bypassed both sensors, one at a time, and the same problem occurs.

Qu

Hello, and welcome to here. So pellets stop feeding? You need to test the voltage to the feed motor when this happens. Several things could be happening, control board quits supplying the current, motor is bad/weak, and quits working after it warms up- another quick test is, then problem happens, is the motor very hot?? Also, you could have an auger that needs serviced, as in remove, clean, lube or replace bearings/bushings.

Hello, and welcome to here. So pellets stop feeding? You need to test the voltage to the feed motor when this happens. Several things could be happening, control board quits supplying the current, motor is bad/weak, and quits working after it warms up- another quick test is, then problem happens, is the motor very hot?? Also, you could have an auger that needs serviced, as in remove, clean, lube or replace bearings/bushings.
Thanks so much for your reply Mt Bob! I will check these when I get a chance. Is servicing the Auger and motor straightforward, or should I prepare to buy a new unit (expensive)? I have not had success finding 220V parts for this stove. Any idea where these could be picked up?
Auger Motor - 220V #EF-001-220V
Circuit Board with Thermostat Switch - 220V #50-1522
A little more information that may toggle other ideas: When the stove cleaning serviceman was here last (he doesn't know much) he measured the vacuum and it was pegged at 60, the highest vacuum. Whether the damper was all the way open or closed it stayed pegged at max pressure. When he removed the gauge from the test port the needle went down. I remember last time he cleaned the stove he put a bead of sealant on the top edge of the glass window. Before, it only had sealer on the edges and sides. Is it okay for that window to be completely sealed? Could that cause the high vacuum? Will the auger stop working due to the high vacuum?

When the stove goes out
(combustion blower stops) do you press the start button again
and if you do will the stove keep going or does it go out again?
Also, try removing the 120Deg. snap disc just after the combustion motor and clean it
Also, make sure the stove is clean as per page 9 of this manual
Welcome to the forum, hopefully, we will get you up and running.
Hi Johneh! Thank you. I really appreciate your reply. Please note that the combustion blower does not stop when the flame goes out. Once it gets hot and the blower turns on, the auger stops feeding pellets, although sometimes it seems to kick back in for a little bit. The fire slowly dies and goes out. The blower keeps going for awhile until it finally turns off and light #3 starts blinking.

Based on a trouble shooting suggestion, I used a wire to bypass the 120deg sensor, but the same thing happens. I did the same for the 200C sensor and same thing happens. I assumed this meant the sensors are not part of the problem, but not sure if that is so.

I just paid $150 to have the stove get an annual cleaning. It looks clean, but I noticed he didn't get the 200C sensor which had lots of buildup around it. I cleaned that. Is there any particular place I should look at cleaning?

Please also see the reply I just wrote to Mt. Bob with additional details.

My daughter is coming back to Japan from the States at end of December and I would like to have her bring any necessary parts. If you know where I can purchase 220V parts, I'd appreciate your suggestions.

I really appreciate you saying you will "get me up and running". I really understand the benefit of this type of community as an English speaking foreigner in Tokyo where there is no longer any technical service or support or parts (that I can find) for these type of stoves.
I feel heartened getting the replies from you and Mt Bob.

Thanks again!