Equinox or avalon Olympic?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepp31

Oct 9, 2008
Central IL
I am thinking of building a 2000 sq ft house with an open floor plan. I currently own an Avalon Olympic but am thinking of buying an equinox because of looks. Should I do it or should I buy another Avalon Olympic. Which stove will heat a larger area?

Since I am a steel stove bigot, no comment. ;-)

If building new, do it right and build it so that it doesn't take brute force to heat. Then the Equinox would be overkill.

Just fired it up TODAY temp in the 30ish in the morning...I'm a fan of the Avalon line works great for me so that's what I would use...however did you ask the Misses...whatever she said, go with that one.
md

I almost bought an Avalon. I liked the looks of the stove and the dealer was one of the best guys I dealt with. Heard nothing but good about those stoves on this site. Plus, your familiar with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.