equinox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doug60

Apr 30, 2008
north jersey
Well, I couldn't resist
I put a deposit on an Equinox.
Anybody here have one?

We all now officially hate you. :lol:

thats like music to my ears,
thanks Bart

Well at least we know where to send folks when their oil bill hits the roof. We'll tell em to bring marshmellows.

BrotherBart said:

I don't hate you, Doug...I'm happy with my stoves, don't covet anyone else's anything, and I even know how to spell marshmallow. :lol: But congratulations, I'm sure you'll love that beauty. Rick

My aunt and uncle have one and love it. My uncle is 6'5 and says it is very comfortable.

Did you get Onstar?

I'm confused. Did Chevrolet start making woodstoves, or have woodstoves gone digital and wireless? Actually, a woodstove that could sense a chimney fire and dial 9-1-1 might be kind of cool, come to think of it. Rick

fossil said:
I'm confused. Did Chevrolet start making woodstoves, or have woodstoves gone digital and wireless? Actually, a woodstove that could sense a chimney fire and dial 9-1-1 might be kind of cool, come to think of it. Rick

Buy Vehicle - Load wood- Tires go flat- Use Onstar- see, sorta wood related %-P

fossil said:
I'm confused. Did Chevrolet start making woodstove, or have woodstove gone digital and wireless? Actually, a woodstove that could sense a chimney fire and dial 9-1-1 might be kind of cool, come to think of it. Rick
That's funny right there,
I wasn't expecting comedians.

njtomatoguy said:
fossil said:

Buy Vehicle - Load wood- Tires go flat- Use Onstar- see, sorta wood related %-P

Ahh, I got it now, tomatoguy, thanks! :lol: Rick

doug60 said:
fossil said:
I'm confused. Did Chevrolet start making woodstove, or have woodstove gone digital and wireless? Actually, a woodstove that could sense a chimney fire and dial 9-1-1 might be kind of cool, come to think of it. Rick
That's funny right there,
I wasn't expecting comedians.

Doug, if you're looking for a humorless approach to discussing woodburning, I think there's a Lutheran forum run out of Minnesota. :lol: Rick

fossil said:
BrotherBart said:

I don't hate you, Doug...I'm happy with my stoves, don't covet anyone else's anything, and I even know how to spell marshmallow. :lol: But congratulations, I'm sure you'll love that beauty. Rick

Tell me honestly that you wouldn't like to run a pile of splits through one of those big dogs just for the heck of it. :cheese:

BrotherBart said:
fossil said:
BrotherBart said:

Tell me honestly that you wouldn't like to run a pile of splits through one of those big dogs just for the heck of it. :cheese:

BB, I'd be more than happy to drop on over to Doug's and burn up a bunch of his wood just to see how she performs. Quite nicely, I'd wager. Anytime, Doug, just lemme know. :) Rick

So, fess up.

What color?
Options?

When do you expect delivery?

Did you get Sirius Radio?

Or this:

http://www.chevrolet.com/equinox/?seo=goo_|_2008_Chevy_Retention_|_IMG_Chevy_Equinox_|_Chevy_Equinox_|_equinox

??? I think I know the answer...we're talking about them both! Rick[/quote]

I think that since this thread went awry anyway, we might as well just run with it! :)

so, how bout them new hearthstones? :coolsmile:

I would love to have a Equinox. Don't want it bad enough to actually, like, pay for one though. I think the part about not having to have a chimney is neat. See pic:

Attachments

• equinox.jpg
    equinox.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 262
Looks like the pipe may be heading out of the back to the left? Seems a little odd.

Attachments

• hearthstone equinox.jpg
    hearthstone equinox.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 234
Ah heck, it just looks like the same photograph of a nice fire I put inside the glass of both my stoves during the off-season. :) Rick (EDIT: BG may have something there, the Equinox can go both ways, top or rear.)

Holy crap you guys are out of control.
Keep up the good work.
doug

doug60 said:
Keep up the good work.
doug

C'mon doug, we know what you are getting. Is this what it looks like?

(Or maybe that's a Blazer? :coolsmirk: )

Attachments

• equinox.jpg
    equinox.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 186
BeGreen said:
doug said:
Keep up the good work.
doug

C'mon doug, we know what you are getting. Is this what it looks like?

(Or maybe that's a Blazer? :coolsmirk: )
YO that's to much.
Were is the stove pipe on that stove 12 hour burn time is that stove for real 25"logs I cant even handle the 18" splits more or less them trunks

25" log, bah. This baby takes 36" logs for breakfast. 48" if you load N/S. The real feature is the airwash system. That was the tricky part.

I saw the prototype, I bid on the first production model, but lost. My wife told me I couldn't park it in the family room, anyway, so I guess it's not in my future. Rick

Tell her about the ashpan system. Only needs to be emptied once a season. Slip a palette jack under her and off you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.