ESP non-stick coating available?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rocksnap

Dec 2, 2008
North Central CT
Looking to coat my Harmon Exhaust Sensor Probe. Only to hopefully have less "dust" accumulate on it, less cleaning and therefor better efficiency without having to shut down the stove so much for cleaning the probe... Anyone ever try this?

If you are having to clean it often perhaps your pellets are not burning as they should?

My second season using my P68 full time. I leave the burn rate where Harmen recommends and adjust the other 2 settings as needed, usually in constant burn mode. I am using 5-6 ton per heating season in northern CT. I notice a difference of burn "dust" that each type of pellets put out. Surprisingly, soft wood has less dust than hardwood. But softwood has left more of the baked on creosote in the burn pot ramp and sides. In any case, I am always cleaning the stove/ESP about every two weeks. One time my stove started burning like poo towards the end of this 2 week cleaning. When I check the ESP, it is coated in a layer of dust, which I figure can't be good for the probe to get a accurate reading. This same dust also coats the inside, which I would think also somewhat insulates the stove, affecting its heat extraction efficiency.
If I'm doing something wrong, I don't know. Always open to suggestions.