ESP probe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richtad

Sep 2, 2014
Poconos of Pennsylvania
I've recently purchased an invincible t from a friend and been going the the cleaning and testing phase.
All the motors work. I pulled the esp probe and was testing with an ohms meter and found a very low reading without applying heat, When I put a heating source on the tip, it rose.
Should I get any reading at all when it's applied or should it read open?
Also, if the board is bad, since it's discontinued, where can I get a replacement?
Many thanks,
Rich T

Someone did a conversion to a regular p series board and other things making the stove up to date. They did it after I passed on a $250 Invincible

Thermocouples usually work or they do not. However to test one can use a volt meter that can measure micro-volts.

The charts available on this link below can be used to determine if the thermocouple is producing the correct voltage for a given temperature. I understand most thermocouples used in pellet stoves are of the k type.

http://reotemp.com/thermocoupleinfo/thermocouple-types.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.