Euro stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a lady, but willing to try to help you. Take a look at the Jotul brand of stove that's from Norway. The model that would be suitable for consideration of your size of home is the F3 CB. I have one and am very pleased with it.

Here's a link to the Italy website and the stove: http://www.jotul.it/content/products/ProductArticle____6415.aspx

Welcome and good luck with your search!

A smaller Jotul or Morso would work well for you. They are cast iron and with good care, will last a long time.

The Palazetti is using an interesting, simple secondary combustion, but it appears to be an all steel stove. You would have to ask locally how well made they are and how well they stand up. We don't get this stove in the US.

Sue,

Thanks for your advice. I found a local dealer of Jotul products and will stop by to look at them. I don't see the model you refer to on the Italian website though. Is the smaller 602 an alternative?

I have seen the Palazzetti stoves. They are steel, cast iron and have ceramics on the outside. They are well known in Italy for making the best "Thermo Camino", an enclosed fireplace that can be connected to the house to warm all rooms and heat water etc. A friend of mine has one of these and it works perfectly heating his 4000 sq foot stone house very well. Problem is it costs 3000 euros ($4,200.)

What do you mean your house is 600 and 1200 square feet?

Do you have other heat sources? How well sealed is the house?

I have lived through a couple of mediterranean winters, and I know how chilly they can seem... mostly because houses are built to be cool in the summer it seems to me.

The Jotul 602 is supposed to be able to heat up to 800 square feet. Who knows what assumptions are built into that figure. Burn times are not terribly long, however - up to 5 hours they claim.

Depending on the specifics of your home, I'm guessing the 602 would probably be adequate for your needs. The 3CB might even be too large. The F100 would be the logical compromise - but I seem to recall people finding that model rather fussy.

KP Matt

I have two houses, 600 and 1200. They are traditional stone houses. Winters in the Med can be quite chilly because of the humidity and wind. I think a good stove will help dry things out a bit.

There are apparently some very good Italian made stoves from Tirol, the brand name Nordica comes to mind. They seem to be reasonably priced, some in cast iron cost as little as 400 euros.

Cheers

Hello Malden, I from Scotland and I found the best Euro stoves to be Jotul especially the Jotul 602 or the 118, they have long burn times which means you can burn 24/7 and dont have to relight every day.
Other makers that are good are the Morso of Denmark and Austroflamm of Austria, they make a small line of cast stoves with a contempory design, take a look at the Austroflamm G1, the Morso 2b and especially the Jotul 602 and the 118
Angus

I have a stone house too.
Mine's circa 1812.
I have a Jotul 600 firelight heating 1800 sq ft
Can you post a picture of yours?
I'd love to see it.
roadzoom.jpg

Hello there stonehouse, that is a beautifull home.
I m currently on a north sea oil platform half way between Norway and Scotland, and using the company computer so I cant download any photos, but I should be home in about 2 - 3 week,#my email address is
[email protected]

Hudson valley, is that in Canada or the US?
My home is newer, built in 1900, it used to house 3 famillies but is now one home (people lived in terrible poverty then)
I hate oil heating, we have a boiler incase we go away and have to put it on to stop the house freezing, burst pipes etc. But we heat the house 24/7 with a Jotul 118 and 602.
Whats the Jotul 600 like?

Drop me an email and I can send you photos when home,
thanks for your reply,
Angus

I just picked up a Nestor Martin stove. Am waiting for one part to arrive before I can fire it up, but I'm very impressed with the design and construction. Check out their website: http://www.nestormartin.be
I think the "R" series is the only one that is being imported into the USA right now, I don't know about Italy.

Hi Stonehouse, we dont grow any Olive, I ve never seen Olive, its all Elm, Birch and Pine here.
Check out www.jotul.com you can chose from any country in Europe or the US

Precaud you will have to put up some pictures when you get that stove installed.

I'm interested to hear about the remote control.

Status
Not open for further replies.