European stoves you don't see every day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
I've been cruising some European stove sites this morning. There are some interesting stoves there. By Sideros (It), Thorma, Koppe and Wodtke (Gmy). This company makes some very innovative and modern wood and pellet stoves. Some are more conventional and some are just wild. Wodtke Dadoo is the first shot. Their pellet stoves are interesting too and a lot more attractive than the average box. Often they have built in water jackets as well. The light blue pellet stove shown here is the Wodtke Ivo. The Koppe Nexus round stove rotates 360°.

Link (in German):
Wodtke- http://www.wodtke.com/menu.html
Koppe - http://www.ofenkoppe.com/produkte/kaminoefen/nexus/nexus.html

Attachments

• wodtke-dadoo.jpg
    wodtke-dadoo.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 3,982
  • wodtke-ivo-tec-waterplus.jpg
    wodtke-ivo-tec-waterplus.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,880
  • koppe-nexus.jpg
    koppe-nexus.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 2,544

Attachments

• Sideros-7t-classica.jpg
    Sideros-7t-classica.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 2,980
  • razen-cookstove-contemporary.jpg
    razen-cookstove-contemporary.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 4,782
  • razen-cookstove1 top.jpg
    razen-cookstove1 top.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 9,190
The pics of the one on the left (in the first post) on their website make it look like it has a blacklight underneath it? I wonder how they would sell here. Seem too flashy for those that burn wood and wood is too inconvenient for those that would buy them for their looks. Way cool either way.

The Dadoo is available with led back lighting that allows you to change the mood of the room by framing the stove in a colored glow. Here is another Wodtke design, the Fire SL. Who needs a big screen tv? These stoves sure are different, they are anything but boring.

Attachments

• dadoo-glass-colors.jpg
    dadoo-glass-colors.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,069
  • wodtke-Fire SL.jpg
    wodtke-Fire SL.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2,863
I can see a market for the stainless cookstove. Zero clearance and the control they are claiming are pretty appealing compared to the old Sweetheart.

Wow, that enamelled cookstove is pretty groovy. I really like that! it's just "familiar enough" to suit me.

The rest of them? too contemporary to suit my personal aesthetic sensibility, but they are really sharp looking and seen in situ they are no doubt outstanding. Thanks for posting them.

First stove on the left makes me want to cozy up in some Goodform aluminum!

02013.jpg

Bobbin said:
Wow, that enameled cookstove is pretty groovy. I really like that! it's just "familiar enough" to suit me.

The rest of them? too contemporary to suit my personal aesthetic sensibility, but they are really sharp looking and seen in situ they are no doubt outstanding. Thanks for posting them.

Yes, I fell in love with it when I saw it too. Sideros makes some nice looking regular stoves too that have the option of an oven added on the top section if desired. The red stove is a multifuel pellet stove called the Elly. Gotta love Italian design.

Attachments

• Sideros-stubella-classica.jpg
    Sideros-stubella-classica.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,970
  • sideros_cesarda.jpg
    sideros_cesarda.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,820
  • sideros_elly_pellet.jpg
    sideros_elly_pellet.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,741
I love the first two above, as well. What can you say about Italian design?

The Andrea Doria, David, the Cistene Chapel... doesn't get much better than that.

(why isn't awfice furniture anywhere as pleasing these days as tickbitty's posted chair? Use fabric instead of p/leather and it would take on a totally different look).

Ya they look interesting.However I'm most interested in how much can they heat and for how long !

LOL. Nor did I know an HDTV could run on wood! Must be the Hearth.com channel.

Speaking of Euro stoves... it looks like Evolution Trade Group has lost their US distributorship for Nestor Martin and Max Blank. Fiamma is now the sole importer for them both. Last year was rough on the pricier import brands, despite the tax credit.

precaud said:
Speaking of Euro stoves... it looks like Evolution Trade Group has lost their US distributorship for Nestor Martin and Max Blank. Fiamma is now the sole importer for them both. Last year was rough on the pricier import brands, despite the tax credit.

Yes, it is true, we are now the US importer and have re-designed lots of the Nestor martin Line.
We now offer our new burner which can be used with the Original logs, River Rock, Glass and other Medium.
We have omitted the Cast iron panels in the DV stoves and have Black reflective porcelain panels instead.
We have also replaced the Nightmare Mertek Maxitrol valves with SIT which everyone in the industry knows well. Avail in standing or IPI.
Also we have designed a direct vent for a very nice wood burner that was the O33, in gas O25
We have also done the Same with Max Blank, which was difficult to sell in the USA only as wood, So now we have designed a Direct Vent that will go out for testing soon.
www.fiamma.us

Youtube page :
http://www.youtube.com/user/1newstang?feature=mhum

I like the change of pace. I could see some of them selling well here with us younger folks.

lazeedan said:
I like the change of pace. I could see some of them selling well here with us younger folks.

Thank You, Obviously, you can see that there is in fact a market out there, Mainly East coast West Coast. But for years we have shown this product at HPBA and every dealer that approached said " That stuff will never sell to my customers" If this were true, then every manufacturer out there would not have copied every contemporary look.

We are actively looking for dealers around the country, we Intend to wipe the slate clean of all the Evolution dealers. This is not a product for someone looking to heat a home, This is for affluence and elegance, and must fit the customers decor.
Let me know if you have a High end showroom, There is a min qty to stock to be a dealer.

Fiamma said:
This is not a product for someone looking to heat a home, This is for affluence and elegance, and must fit the customers decor.

And that my friends sums it up pretty well eh? There is a market for these stove, it is likely small (relative to the overall woodstove market) but it is there. Good that someone is serving it and likely it is profitable on an individual basis.

Likely the same folks who are willing to pay $600+/cord (but only buy in 1/4 cord amounts) for de-barked, kiln-dried wood that is brushed clean of all debris and delivered/stacked inside the home in those nice nooks that the architect designed into the home.

Nothing wrong with it - I'm just not in that market. Some sure are interesting to look at I have to admit...

Slow1 said:
Fiamma said:
This is not a product for someone looking to heat a home, This is for affluence and elegance, and must fit the customers decor.

And that my friends sums it up pretty well eh? There is a market for these stove, it is likely small (relative to the overall woodstove market) but it is there. Good that someone is serving it and likely it is profitable on an individual basis.

Likely the same folks who are willing to pay $600+/cord (but only buy in 1/4 cord amounts) for de-barked, kiln-dried wood that is brushed clean of all debris and delivered/stacked inside the home in those nice nooks that the architect designed into the home.

Nothing wrong with it - I'm just not in that market. Some sure are interesting to look at I have to admit...

Yes, there is in fact a small market for the wood burners, simply due to the fact that Europe has small burn Chambers, and small wood. Also the wealthy want instant gratification and do not need to burn wood.
This is why we have redesigned most of these stoves as DV gas, Imagine someone in Manhattan trying to bring wood up to the 70th floor :)

As one who is entering the 4th season burning my Nestor Martin X33, I have to weigh in here. I've already written enough about what a great stove this is. Let's see how well I fit your target audience, just for jollies.

Fiamma said:
This is not a product for someone looking to heat a home,

Wow - that's an odd thing to say. It heats the bottom half of mine just fine, and is a joy to use.

This is for affluence

Hmmm... that's not me. Debt-free, yes, but not affluent by any means.

and elegance,

I'm certainly not elegant.. I think many here can attest to that!

and must fit the customers decor.

Yes, it's color scheme fits my basement decor quite nicely - exposed pipes, unpainted concrete slab, you get the picture... (the photo below was taken in my living room, not the basement).

Now it's not my part to tell you who your target audience is, but as an engineer, I am intensely practical, and I chose this stove based on functionality, features, and anticipated low cost of ownership down the road, not on frivolous good looks or upscale coolness. I do happen to like it's modern looks, but that was icing on the cake.

The fact is, the X33/R33 (they're basically the same) are the best-designed stoves of their type on the market. The firebox design is elegant simplicity. Everyone I've contacted that has one absolutely loves it.

So I'm just suggesting that you don't narrow your anticipated audience down too much.

Attachments

• nm1.jpg
    nm1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,744
Fiamma - 30 September 2010 08:01 AM

Forget that! I have no interest in that! I like to be warm

precaud said:
As one who is entering the 4th season burning my Nestor Martin X33, I have to weigh in here. I've already written enough about what a great stove this is. Let's see how well I fit your target audience, just for jollies.

Fiamma said:

Wow - that's an odd thing to say. It heats the bottom half of mine just fine, and is a joy to use.

This is for affluence

Hmmm... that's not me. Debt-free, yes, but not affluent by any means.

and elegance,

I'm certainly not elegant.. I think many here can attest to that!

and must fit the customers decor.

Yes, it's color scheme fits my basement decor quite nicely - exposed pipes, unpainted concrete slab, you get the picture... (the photo below was taken in my living room, not the basement).

Now it's not my part to tell you who your target audience is, but as an engineer, I am intensely practical, and I chose this stove based on functionality, features, and anticipated low cost of ownership down the road, not on frivolous good looks or upscale coolness. I do happen to like it's modern looks, but that was icing on the cake.

The fact is, the X33/R33 (they're basically the same) are the best-designed stoves of their type on the market. The firebox design is elegant simplicity. Everyone I've contacted that has one absolutely loves it.

So I'm just suggesting that you don't narrow your anticipated audience down too much.

Hi John!, glad to see you here, I was referring to the gas units mostly, The wood burners are small for most peoples homes. but substantial enough for you, As an engineer, you are the affluent :) These stoves have also gone up fairly high since yours, I didn't underestimate the audience. Most want to heat the entire home, where these units can not. For instance. I am the NY CT distributor for Blaze king. 20 and 40 hour burn, for the same price as this small stove. So if you want style and elegance, Nestor is for you. If you want to heat a home, it will be supplemental at best. Just making sure everyone understands its function, without being misleading.
Enjoy the Nestor!, did you get the gasket yet?
rob

Status
Not open for further replies.