DBCOOPER Posted By DBCOOPER, Dec 29, 2017 at 8:37 PM

1. DBCOOPER

DBCOOPER
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 23, 2010
    Loc:
    Stowe, Pa
    Last 24 hours used 70 KWH. Base line on the house is about $3.00. Add a bag and a half of pellets I'm at 10.50
    At .139 per KWH that's $9.73 and no getting the pellets and no cleaning the stove, it seems like its not worth the effort...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jackman

jackman
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 15, 2013
    Loc:
    Oregon
    I'd like to know what heat pump you have. When it gets down to the single digits outside mine can't extract enough heat from the air and ends up turning on the heat strips.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pete7713

pete7713
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 6, 2013
    Loc:
    joppa, md
    below 25 degrees my heat pump is worthless without the heat strips kicking in.

bags likes this.
  4. DBCOOPER

DBCOOPER
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 23, 2010
    Loc:
    Stowe, Pa
    Sorry for the delayed reply. It's a Trane 1200XE 2.5 ton

5. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    bag/half in last 24 hrs..
    must be cold s heck where u are..
    used half bag here outside philly for 2 chilly nights.

6. DBCOOPER

DBCOOPER
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 23, 2010
    Loc:
    Stowe, Pa
    High was 25 low 18 with winds 12 mph and yes I burned a bag and a half.

7. Arti

Arti
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 14, 2014
    Loc:
    South West Wisconsin
    I live in Missouri now and installed a Mini Split.
    Daiken brand It heats down to 5 above F. We switch over to a low efficiency gas furnace for the 2 weeks of really cold weather we get here. About a dollar a day for heat with the heat pump.
    We have a Quadrafire for the ambiance however it's far cheaper to heat with the heatpump.

bags and Zeus like this.
  8. Zeus

Zeus
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Mar 12, 2015
    Loc:
    Pa
    That's cool to hear I just had a Samsung hp installed it's suppose to heat down to around the same temp as yours I hope it does well this winter it was a pretty pricy machine.