Excess pellet usage on EP-25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dubbz

Jan 18, 2007
Pocono Mts, Pennsylvania
My EP-25 all of a sudden is burning like it's on a feed rate of 4. My bottom 3 buttons are 1-5-1. It was running great all winter. I only adjusted the feed air rate to 5 to get a better burn. Since the feed rate is on 1, i'm scratching my head wondering why it's feeding so many pellets. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Has it been thoroughly cleaned recently?

Does that include the venting and did you do the suck out / leaf blower trick? Sounds to me like it has a blockage somewhere. Always eliminate the easy stuff first.

Thanks , I will do a major cleaning again.
I'd be concentrating on the venting. Sounds like a partially blocked vent pipe to me.

Cut the feed rate down a bit......

I wasn't aware of that. Maybe you could put a resistor in the feed to the auger motor to slow it down some? I don't know, maybe Sysko does. Not electronics savvy.

Sorry to say Mike hasn’t been around for a few years now. Adding a resistor wont help with the auger rpm’s , did you replace the auger motor?