Exhaust height from floor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Been using a Harman P38 since 2006.Its been a work horse.Thinking about upgrading to something newer and bigger.Question is:My exhaust is 9" from floor.Is that a standard height for all Harman and other brands?

According to the 2017 manual, the Harman's are 10" to center for the exhaust. Other brands have differing heights, which are usually shown in the installation manuals.

no it's not standard, the two harmans that would be closest would be the XXV 8-11/16 or the Allure 50 8-3/4 depending on how the exhaust vent is run you should be able to get enough movement within the venting to make either work. there are other options like a raised hearth or adjustable venting. As bogie said all P series harmans are 10"

Reactions: bogieb
Looks like it might be hard to find a new stove as low as 9 inch center?Guess I could go with a pellet or natural gas insert.Got a fire place.Got a brick home.Do they make a plug kit?Can't nothing be simple...Thanks

After looking into different Harman models the
Harman Absolute43 Pellet Stove might work(check me out)?The exhaust is 8 ".Or 7 15/16 which is lower than the P38.Plus that will give me some needed BTU'S.Any good online dealers?Im in Tennessee and dealers are few and far between.Thoughts.

Reactions: bogieb