Exhaust snap disc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg T

Feb 16, 2013
Can a burner be ran with the exhaust snap disc jumped?

Yes, but it will depend specifically upon how the stove uses that snap disc as to weather or not you get the desired result from jumping it.

Ok. Thanks smokey. When I plug in the burner it goes right into shutdown mode. If I disconnect the switch, it seems to work fine, I can prime the auger. I will see what happens.

Ok. Thanks smokey. When I plug in the burner it goes right into shutdown mode. If I disconnect the switch, it seems to work fine, I can prime the auger. I will see what happens.

Sounds like the switch is stuck closed is it supposed to be NC or NO and has it been heated?

Not heated. It didn't look right and when I moved it, it came right off and the where a few pieces of plastic from the switch on the contact. I am thinking that the problem

Not heated. It didn't look right and when I moved it, it came right off and the where a few pieces of plastic from the switch on the contact. I am thinking that the problem

They shouldn't fall apart those that do should be replaced, they are normally open and close when heated and reopen when the stove cools off, if most stoves find their equivalent still closed when power returns they can chose to continue on assuming the stove is lit or enter shutdown assuming they should shutdown.

In this case you do not want to jump this switch. It should be replaced or as a test be replaced with an on off switch that you turn on after the stove is burning (stove is lit and possibly up to temperature).

Ok thanks. Guess I will be making a trip out to my dealer tomorrow after work. Are these something that they should have in stock? I just got a new auger motor from them and it doesn't work. I have to take it to them so they can see it themselves. They got a display model of the one I have. Maybe they can just take the switch off that one

They fail often enough that the dealer should have some around if they service what they sell.

Can a burner be ran with the exhaust snap disc jumped?
Greg, I answered your post on snap disk issue last Sunday, you didn't get it?

Yes, I got it. I didn't know if I could run the burner with the disc being jumped

Status
Not open for further replies.