Exterior Chimney Register

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sako1

Aug 27, 2007
Hello,

I need an adjustable outside chimney register about 12' x 5" or so, preferably adjustable. I' like to be able to adjust the outside air going in to feed my new insert.

Anybody have a good online source? I looked around the net without much luck. Thanks to those responding, appreciated.

Dave

i think you mean 12" by 5" and even at that it is massive you really dont need a vent that big

why do you want such a big vent?

You are in Fireplace City with an exterior air intake that big. You only need maybe 5x5 inches for a wood stove.

The actual air flow opening is much smaller, I was ballparking the outside dimension which within reason is unimportant.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.