Extra Fire Bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edyit

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2014
Wilmington NY
Did some searching on here for whether or not extra fire bricks in the box would benefit. I did find some threads but they mostly covered which type of brick was better. So having $20.00 extra I bought a pack of 6 (4.5" x 9" x 1.25") from Ace and after 2 quick custom cuts with the tile saw i set them in lengthwise on top of the existing bricks. 2 and the cut of piece on each side and the larger section of the cut of pieces on the back.

So far I'm noting that the secondaries are firing off sooner and I'm getting better convection heat and less radiant heat. Which with a basement install is what I want. Has anyone else added brick to their stove? and if so what results did you get?

I'm literally about to type up my own thread on this subject. Might not be topical for you though since its not an epa stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.