F 500 V3 Oslo: Air control lever no longer connected

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

skyemoor

Sep 2, 2014
Washington DC area
On about the 6th burn of this stove (not counting break-in), my air control lever on the center front of the stove is now completely loose, with no light resistance felt before when I could increase or decrease the airflow. It seems left in a medium setting, which does not allow control of the burn.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am letting the current fire proceed to eventually burn out, though it is not clear the access to the enclosed space of the air valve assembly will be accessible to homeowner inspection.

The old 500 had an access cover inside the door online with the air control. I am not sure about the v3 though

Reactions: skyemoor
263295-652978caeeb5c954d19df7b815788fa0.jpg