Fan for hallway corner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have read and tested quite a bit with moving heat with fans. Doing some reading here, the guys mentioned that it is more effective to move the cold air out towards the warm area, then moving the warm air in. I tested many times and I completely agree. Moving the cold air out, sucks the warm air into the space.

Give that a try with your current fan and see if it changes what kind of fan you are looking for.

I find that those old light blue all metal 1950s era GE fans just run and run and run. I have the one we had when I was a tyke in West Texas and some summers it has run non stop and is so quiet. I have three others picked up at antique malls before the world rediscovered them maybe 20 years ago, one was all of $3 and they too are whisper quiet and two oscillate as well. I have two mounted on walls in the basement.