Fan on high all the time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mactoolsix

Nov 28, 2015
Saratoga, CA
We have had a Quadra-Fire Castile Pellet Insert for about nine years with very little problems. This last summer I pulled it out for a through cleaning and all new gaskets - first time! We use it only 4-5 months a year for a few hours late evening.

It has been working fine, but suddenly the fan only runs on high - except during start-up when the fan speed can be changed. But once it lights, it's high full time all the time. I pulled the rocker switch out, but as expected it seems to test normal - center pole to either side is on or off depending on the switch position. When on medium, no continuity to either pole.

The schematic provided with the instruction book is very basic and does not provide a clue as to how the fan is controlled. The red call light works normal; the flame is active and adjustable with the Fuel Adjustment Rod; it lights within a few minutes and all seems normal. It would be better if we could turn down the fan speed.

Bump

Does anyone have a schematic of the switch - 3 terminals. Center connects with either outside terminals in high or low. Med has no continuity to either. Is this correct? I'm beginning to thing maybe it's the switch afterall???

Thanks,
Mike

Many stoves have a snap disk that bumps the convection fan to full speed, usually at 160 degrees. Pull one connector off that snap disk and see if control returns to normal. If it does, replace the snap disk. This video might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.