fan pulsing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryg

Dec 4, 2015
Portland,Or
the fan and red/green lights pulse every second between on/off when in high mode on my Castile. Only happens when on high. Any thoughts about what could be happening. Thanks

the fan and red/green lights pulse every second between on/off when in high mode on my Castile. Only happens when on high. Any thoughts about what could be happening. Thanks
I don't know if will be the same failure mode as my Mt.Vernon AE, but check the wire harness between the fan motor and the computer. My Mt.Vernon AE did the same thing. I replaced the fan motor with no success. I pulled the harness out and found that the contacts were burnt. They use cheap connector pins in their electronics. I have updated mine to some heavy duty pins. It's been fine ever since.

Reactions: jerryg
Hmmm-I'll have to take a look, I'm not sure how this one is made up. Considered just replacing the control module but thought I'd run the problem by the forum first. Thanks for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.