fantasy flue's (and stove)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theobrown

Aug 16, 2009
UK
dear all

my desire is that i make a stove to go inside a very big room in my house, which happens to be an old Victoria East end London pub. Problem is that where i would like to put the stove is about 6 meters away from the chimney. What are the options for long horizontal flue sections, before it goes up the chimney (which goes up three stories), on one hand they would warm the room, but will it cause more problems than its worth. Also are they any good books on general stove principles, tricks on how to get the most from home built stoves.

thanks
theo

Im not sure about everyone else but I sure would like to see some pics of the pub! Really though I think a few pictures is the best thing to give everyone better perspective.

6 meters (almost 20 ft.) is a long way away from the chimney. Is this the only option? I agree with Todd, at least use some 45's. However, that far from the chimney I would be thinking about: a) moving the stove closer or b) installing a new flue.

I don't think I'd even try it with that much offset. Move the stove or install a new chimney as BG said.

mikepinto65 said:
Im not sure about everyone else but I sure would like to see some pics of the pub! Really though I think a few pictures is the best thing to give everyone better perspective.

I was thinking a field trip. Does the pub serve cask conditioned ale? :)

northwinds said:
mikepinto65 said:

I was thinking a field trip. Does the pub serve cask conditioned ale? :)

I'm in!

Status
Not open for further replies.