Favorite No.019 stove questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ctf58

Oct 26, 2021
kentucky
Hello all,
I'm new to woodburning stoves and have been reading a lot of posts. Great information but i do have a few questions. I bought a Favorite No.019 stove. I believe it is called a cylinder stove instead of potbelly. I cannot find and information about the stove, not even a photo on the interweb. Is it a good stove to heat my workshop? Shop is a metal carport style with bubble insulation. I understand the distances and heat shielding requirements.
The stove exhaust is an oval 8 3/4"x 4 1/2". I think it is the same circumference as a 7" pipe.
Can i just oval a 7" pipe if it fits and reduce to 6"?
Go through roof or out wall?
Whats the preferred "kit" to get out of building?
Anything that i should do to the stove? I've read that people line them with refractory cement..
I'm pretty handy but this is a new shop and i do not know much about stoves.
Thanks in advance,
Ct

20211026_142257.jpg 20211027_173342.jpg 20211026_142416.jpg 20211026_142357.jpg 20211026_142304.jpg

Yes, many of these stoves just used an ovalized section of pipe for a starter .

I'm wondering if this is a coal stove. Does the ashpan door have an air intake on it? Is there a shaker grate inside?

Yes, many of these stoves just used an ovalized section of pipe for a starter .

I'm wondering if this is a coal stove. Does the ashpan door have an air intake on it? Is there a shaker grate inside?
Yes the ashpan door does have an air intake. Does that mean something? Does it indicate a coal stove? The only grate was broken but appeared to have small feet to hold it about 1 inch off the bottom and could be removed through the ash door. I just finished making welding a new grate to put in it and I am making a scraper to pull the ash out.
As I said, I cannot find any information about this stove. Does the No. 019 mean something or is it just a model #??
Thanks for replying