Filling the shed pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
15/16 wood:
DSCF0786.JPG

DSCF0792.JPG DSCF0791.JPG

Finished with 2- 1/3 row.
Should finish drying by the time it's needed this wood will be burned about January 2016:

Will let the rest sit out thru the summer in the drying rows.

DSCF0802.JPG

DSCF0804.JPG DSCF0800.JPG

What are the wood with ropes hooked to them for ??

Stability.
Top 2 are hooked to the back side of the shed.
Middle one is hooked to a board on the back of the back row so it pulls the 2 rows together.
Stacked over 7 ft high so I put them in to help hold the rows up & together.

Reactions: tfdchief
Hey slacker....I see 3/16 of an inch in between the rafters that is not filled with wood!

Reactions: ScotO
Hey slacker....I see 3/16 of an inch in between the rafters that is not filled with wood!

..LOL ..;lol bowed wood!
Gotta have some air movement :)

just did the math, counting the 2.5' foot short 3rd row;
2.9 cords of birch in there.

Likely excuse! How much longer will you be burning up there? Mid 60s here tomorrow.

Could burn thru mid May but I usually let the stove go out when not burning 24/7.

So about 2 more weeks for me, I'll burn up the last of the 12/13 wood & call it done.

27° & snowing now :confused: forecast is for up to 10 " <>

Good idea with the ropes, I've noticed the stacks in my shed sometimes tend to lean forward over time, and they aren't quite as high as your stacks are.
Enjoy the new snow. ::-) We've been working in the garden down here, even did a little planting yesterday. ;)

Nice work ! I now feel totaly inadaquate based on the picture of my one stack that I just posted a few minutes ago !

Nice stacks Dave and Defiant! Looks like people are really gettin' down on it this year.

Awesome stacks Defiant
Look like lots of oak :)

In need of a wood shed ?

Awesome stacks Defiant
Look like lots of oak :)

In need of a wood shed ?
Mostly cherry, had a wood shed at the last house but now I have room in the front yard, plenty of sun and air flow, these piles will be ready next year:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.