Finally a good deal on Craigslist - 562XP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

claydogg84

Minister of Fire
Sep 9, 2013
Salt Point, NY
I'm a daily Craigslist cruiser, most recently looking for a 60cc pro saw to replace my 455 Rancher. Stumbled upon a poorly written add for a 562XP. Said it was never used and came with extra "wheel"... I emailed the owner and he said he was his listing the saw for his father. The picture looked good, but the dialogue between me and the son was strange, and it was a 4 hour round trip. He had the ad up for $500 - Offered $400 and said I would come look immediately. Well... When I got there I was pleasantly surprised. Brand spankin new 562XP with 20" bar/chain (the chain was on backwards), brand new 20" spare bar (the expensive kind with replaceable tip), 2 chisel chains, the manual, and a pair of brand new chaps... I'm pretty excited about this deal as I normally don't get the best quality stuff of craigslist. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Yeah, YOU SUCK.

Reactions: claydogg84
You suck.

Haha.. When I was talking to the son, he said his father told him to just put the saw on Craigslist for $100!!!! He had no idea what he had, as someone had purchased it for him as a gift. Apparently he is older and the saw scared him. His son looked up the saw online first which is how he got the $500 asking price.

One of the best deals I've seen mentioned here . . .

Great deal. Can't beat new!

Tell you what...I'll buy the saw & spare parts from you for $100.00.
I won't think that you suck.
:):p:cool::cool::p:)

Tell you what...I'll buy the saw & spare parts from you for $100.00.
I won't think that you suck.
:):p:cool::cool::p:)

I bet you wouldn't. They were going to list this saw on Craigslist for $100 until the son looked it up and saw the msrp. Imagine that!?!?

Got a chance to run this saw the other day in a live Red Oak. Pulls a 20" bar easily, couldn't be happier!

I'll still give you $100.00 for it. ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.