Finally a true CL deal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kattpound

May 17, 2011
N.W. OHIO
Picked up a NEW husky 460 rancher for $300. I was skeptical when I went to look at it but this thing had never seen a log. The guy got it for his birthday but already runs 2 460's
so he just wanted to get rid of it so I kindly took it off his hands for him.

Finally got my first saw!! :cheese:

kattpound said:
Picked up a NEW husky 460 rancher for $300. I was skeptical when I went to look at it but this thing had never seen a log. The guy got it for his birthday but already runs 2 460's
so he just wanted to get rid of it so I kindly took it off his hands for him.

Finally got my first saw!! :cheese:

I smell a deal!

Awesome,,,sometime people get lucky on CL,,,,but its usually not me,,,,good luck with the saw.

mtarbert said:
Do yourself a favor and have the local PD run the serial numbers,,,,,,Just to be sure

I like to do the right thing, but sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Jags said:
mtarbert said:
Do yourself a favor and have the local PD run the serial numbers,,,,,,Just to be sure

I like to do the right thing, but sometimes ignorance is bliss.

and the saw advertised "to the world" on craigslist absolves liabilty for receiving stolen property. I always print craigslist ads when I buy something, just in case.

300.00 bucks on a husky 460 is not quite the steal, I would not worry about that one! ;-)

smokinjay said:
300.00 bucks on a husky 460 is not quite the steal, I would not worry about that one! ;-)

right on Jay...... if it was a new stihl 460, that would be a different story

HittinSteel said:
and the saw advertised "to the world" on craigslist absolves liabilty for receiving stolen property.

True, but it doesn't fix the part where it takes a ride in the trunk of a squad back to the station.

I wouldn't worry about it either.

Some guy around my area sells a lot of stihl chainsaws on CL.

they are always near new condition. Just good deals not great. But a couple have been great.

They are gone in a flash and all traces of it ever happening. Poof!! gone.

I have called to enquire several times and he says he will meet me.

He had a 460 several weeks ago that was listed at 500.00 bucks. 2011 model, looked new

an hour later... gone

I dont care... its just rough on my heart.. gets me all worked up, then gone.

Jags said:
HittinSteel said:
and the saw advertised "to the world" on craigslist absolves liabilty for receiving stolen property.

True, but it doesn't fix the part where it takes a ride in the trunk of a squad back to the station.

Yep, I agree. Keep quiet, but have some proof of the legit sale in case the police show up.

HittinSteel said:
Jags said:
HittinSteel said:

Yep, I agree. Keep quiet, but have some proof of the legit sale in case the police show up.

lol, Still wouldnt worry!

HittinSteel said:
in general Jay!

My ride in the cop car would be to the guys house! And, then he could take both of us to jail. (cage match-up) :lol: 300.00 bucks on a husky 460 and going to jail. Thats a whole big can of Woop @ss!

Hope Lee's with me! :cheese:

Joey said:
Awesome,,,sometime people get lucky on CL

You got that right. Like the deal I got a couple of months ago. Huskee 35 ton splitter that had never even had gas in the tank. Never touched by wood. $1000. It wasn't hot. The splitter belonged to a guy who ran off with a young chick. After five years, his wife got tired of paying the storage locker fees and sold everything on CL. I spotted the listing about 30 seconds after it posted. SCORE!

Joey said:
Awesome,,,sometime people get lucky on CL

You got that right. Like the deal I got a couple of months ago. Huskee 35 ton splitter that had never even had gas in the tank. Never touched by wood. $1000. It wasn't hot. The splitter belonged to a guy who ran off with a young chick. After five years, his wife got tired of paying the storage locker fees and sold everything on CL. I spotted the listing about 30 seconds after it posted. SCORE!

smokinjay said:
HittinSteel said:
in general Jay!

My ride in the cop car would be to the guys house! And, then he could take both of us to jail. (cage match-up) :lol: 300.00 bucks on a husky 460 and going to jail. Thats a whole big can of Woop @ss!

Count me in bro. I'd scrape up the cash for a plane ticket too,just pick me up at your nearest airport. :lol:

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
HittinSteel said:
in general Jay!

Count me in bro. I'd scrape up the cash for a plane ticket too,just pick me up at your nearest airport. :lol:

I'd throw in $20 for Jay's bail money to see it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.